Chapter 3

Chapter 3 

      The breeze hit my face, slightly stinging my cheeks. I had absolutely no clue where my feet were leading me to but all I know is that I'm away from everyone. A tear slid down my face and I collapsed to the ground, not caring about my outfit getting dirty. How could he do that to me? Just push me out of his way? He didn't even seem like he cared about me anymore. I haven't done anything to him besides joke around. Hopefully he's just in a bad mood and tomorrow everything will be alright. I stand up and walk towards all the lights, and entered through the back exit to advoid the blinding cameras. " Hayden! " I turned around, faintly hear my name. I stood there, probably looking as confused as a lost puppy. I thought I heard my name in the VIP area so I glanced in that direction only to see something that my made my heart drop.    I take more steps towards the dreadful scene and I just watch as my eyes start to burn. It was Harry with about three girls on top of him, making out with him. I knew Harry has had previous girlfriends and he could easily get any girl he wants because most girls fling themselves at him but this time this was a feeling of something that was unknown to me in my stomach. It was hurt. I walked away, not wanting to see anymore and I continuously heard my name being called. I felt a tap on my shoulder and I turned around to see Niall standing right in front of me. " Where have you been? I've been calling your name for about 20 minutes! " Niall's eyes looked full of concern and confusion.  " I'm sorry, Nialler. " I sniff, Niall's eyes still showing the same emotion as before. "Can you tell me what's going on?" He said fixing his eyes on mine. "It's nothing." I laughed sniffing in the tears and wiping them off my face. "Really I'm just ... Uh ya know having an emotional breakdown. Girl thing." I made up on the spot. Niall just stared at me blankly. "Hey uh let's go dance." I said glancing back at Harry, then quickly pulling Niall onto the dance floor. He still seemed confused but managed to pull on a smile and cheer me up. After a few minutes of awkwardly dancing and a few drinks I finally let go and started dancing for real. I completely forgot why I was so sad. Some gross boys I didn't know came up and started grinding on me and a few skanky girls did the same to Niall. We eventually shooed them off and were free to dance with each other. Niall was looking down and I felt a large hand rest on my shoulder. I turned around seductively and drunkly to be faced with large green eyes that I would never forget. He leaned down and kissed my neck violently. I let him until all the events from today came flooding back. I pushed him off harshly. "Harr-y." I slurred. "Ssstop." He looked confused and mad and smacked me straight across the face. I fell to the floor and I heard Niall start screaming at him but I was too shocked to listen and process what was actually happening. I felt Niall's gentle hands lift me up and help me walk out the door. I looked up and found Niall standing there pulling me into a hug. I started shaking and tears soaked his shirt. "It's ok. You don't have to say anything." I heard shouts and flashes of cameras coming from behind us. "Shit." He whispered. Quickly running into the car now arriving we slipped inside and shut the door fast.    We arrived at the hotel the boys were staying at and Niall took me to my room. Continuing to hold my hand he led me to the couch, sitting down and wiping the tears off my face. "I'm sorry you had to leave. We could've stayed." I said looking down slightly embarrassed. "I didn't even wish Perrie a happy birthday." I said looking back up at him. "I'm sure she'll understand. Things just don't seem quite right with you and..." He trailed off. "I'd rather not explain anything now." He nodded. "Will you stay?" I asked slowing crawling over and resting my head on his shoulder not really giving him a choice. "Of course." I heard him whisper.   

*****************************************

A/N:sorry for the wait... we are trying to have quicker updates and we are now working on chapter 4! Thanks for reading! <3 ~Margaret and Caroline