Chapter 4

Chapter 4 

  I woke up on the couch of my hotel room. I was wrapped in a large white blanket and I could hear rummaging around. I sat up to see Niall in only his boxers trying to use the coffee machine. I tried not to laugh but I finally couldn't help it and broke out in laughter. He whipped around quickly and grinned. "What?" He asked. "It's really not that hard Niall." I said getting up and helping him. He watched me as I simply followed the instructions on the card supplied. I finished and looked up to see that he was still fixed on me. I got captivated in his eyes and stepped closer. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into his warm chest. He leaned in and our lips met, sending chills down my back. After a few moments I pulled away. Confused by the recent actions I stepped away and turned around shaking my head. "Hayden... I'm sorry. I didn't mean to-" he started. "No... It's fine. I'm just thinking about things. Last night..." I trailed off, and went to go sit on the couch again. I dropped my head into my hands and started to feel the tears run out of my eyes. I could hear Niall come sit down next to me. "What's next Niall?" I looked up at him. "He's dangerous." I said my voice shaking. He then asked me to talk about it. I told him about the few words that started as a joke that I completely regret. I couldn't believe that less than 24 hours ago, Harry was my best friend. Now I was actually afraid of him. To come to that realization was actually very hard. I couldn't get the image of him out of my mind. All I could think about was his emerald passionate eyes that once made me feel safe and secure. But of course of my idiotic actions I ruined everything. This wasn't the first time I've done something like this before and honestly I really don't want to loose Harry. I glanced at Niall, his soft blue eyes looking at me nervously.  Before I could speak, a loud knock banged on the door. The unknown person didn't even bother to wait for a response because they just walked in the room. I felt skinny arms wrap around my waist and a squeal. Eleanor set down her leather purse on the nearby wooden table and walked to sit on the couch next to Niall. " Hey! " She grinned at the both of us. " I couldn't find you at the party last night! Where did you guys go? " Eleanor's eyes showed worry and confusion as she looked deeply at us.  " Um well- " Niall cut me off and lied, preventing me to have to relive the horrific memories. " I was sick and thankfully Hayden guided me to the hotel. " Niall awkwardly looked at his fingers as if they were the most interesting item in the room. " I'm so glad you guys are okay! Everybody was so worried about you two! " Eleanor reached over and hugged us both which slightly made me feel better. " What did Harry do? " The words slipped out of my mouth, and my face immediately flushed bright red. " What do you mean? " Eleanor confusingly asked. " What did he do at the party? " I stared at Eleanor, who was ignoring my gaze. Niall was just awkwardly sitting there, listening to the conversation. " Well um I'm not really s-sure. " Eleanor played with the frills of her shirt. Over the past year that I've known Eleanor, I learned lots of things but the most important thing I learned was that whenever she lied she would not look into my eyes and play with the hem of her shirt. " El, please tell me. " I begged for her to spill the details and finally she gave in. "Well he was just acting quite strange and he um..." She looked up at Niall. "Should I leave... Or?" He asked. "No!" I jumped in quickly placing my hand on his arm. "Stay." I said much more quiet. "He should hear this anyway." Eleanor finalized. "He started smashing beer bottles and throwing glasses. A phone call was made by someone and the police arrived and had to give him a talk." She finished. "Oh my gosh! Poor perrie. Her birthday was probably a mess." I said beginning to choke up again realizing it was all my fault. Niall obviously noticed because he spoke up right away. "I'm not feeling so good. Maybe you girls could catch up later?" He said. Eleanor without hesitation politely left us. My head sank into his chest and he played with my hair. "You don't have to talk." He whispered softly.   I didn't even know what to think about. The fact that Harry has completely change and it was all because of me, or the fact that I was being cuddled by Niall Horan, the boy I kissed just an hour ago. 

************************************

A/N:

sorry for the wait! thanks for reading <3 - caroline and margaret