Bad Boy: Chapter 9

Vanessa's POV

This week went so slow... but soon enough we were sitting in family court awaiting to hear what the judge had decided. Harry was waiting behind me and my parents... no shows....

"All rise." a bailiff said, as the judge was coming in. me of course, I was in a wheel chair, so I couldn't.....

As the judge strolled us on his way to the podium, my stomach was in my mouth. I was so bloody nervous. I could hear the gentle tapping sounds on Harry's boots against the wooden floor behind me, I think his legs were bouncing.

"I've reviewed this case for almost a week.... and I was waiting to see what happened with Harrry Styles' criminal case, and now that it has been dismissed I can make an educated decision." he began. "Miss Styles, where do you want to reside?"

"With my brother." I answered with no hesitation. "He may only be young but he's got a good head on his shoulders. He's more than capable of handling the role of a guardian and I wouldn't feel safer anywhere else than with him. Harry's my rock and I wouldn't be who I am today without him."

"With that being said, starting immediately, I am revoking the rights of both parents, and issuing a bench warrant for both their arrests for child abandonment, and granting guardianship to Harry Styles until the minor turns 18..... case dismissed." he said, and banged his gavel, before heading back into his chambers.

I covered my mouth with my hands and the relief flooded throughout me. I wheeled my chair around to face Harry who jumped the barrier separating us and carefully lifted me into his arms to twirl me around.

"Oh my gosh... I love you so much..." he smiled brightly. "Let's get you home."

"Bypass McDonald's first for celebratory thick shakes?" I asked hopefully.

"Absolutely." he grinned. "By the way.... Jeny and I.. we got our marriage certificate approved, we're gonna get married... so she can stay in the UK."

"Oh my goodness that's so great!" I gushed as he wheeled me out of the court house. "I'm so happy for you two."

"Thanks Nessie... Niall is waiting for you out here." he said, as we entered into the court houses's lobby, where Niall was waiting.

He was pacing back and forth along the width of the lobby, his hands tucked away in his back pockets and an anxious look on his face. Dear God he scrubs up nice.

http://static1.purepeople.com/articles/8/11/02/38/@/978689-les-one-direction-a-l-emission-the-620x0-2.jpg

"Damn baby, you look fine." I growled, as he stopped pacing.

He smiled widely upon seeing us and Harry wheeled me over to where he was standing. "Well you've got that gorgeous happy glow on yer face and you're acting all naughty so I'm guessing things went well?" he asked me.

"I'm moving back with Harry till im 18!" I grinned.

"Wonderful! So amazing happy endings!" he said.

"All around... who knew our lives would change so much and for the better?" I grinned.

"Much better...." Harry smiled.

"Agreed." Niall nodded. "So, celebratory BBQ anyone?"

"Yes..... let's do it.. we have bright futures ahead of us, all of us!" Harry grinned.

I smiled and for the first time in my entire life, I believe it, and I was looking forward to my future..... for once....