Chapter 2- A Glimpse at Cash's Life

"Where have you been?" She asks me. I was still a little out of breath . It was her- the one who adopted her- she calls her mom in the rare occasion that she has to address her. She respects her and knows she owes her the life she has now. She survived because of her - and that Cash, is grateful of.

"I was collecting money," I replied, while opening the fridge looking for a cold bottle of water

"I know you were collecting money, what else will you be doing? " she retorted

"I know you were collecting money, what else will you be doing? " she retorted. "So did you get the money?" she took a cigarette out, put it up and asks as she puffs the cigarette and blew out the smoke.

Cash hates cigarettes, but she can't say anything to her of course. She held her breath and answered, "Yeah I got it," she puts the bundle of cash on the table and turned, about to go to the kitchen to get something to eat.

She didn't ask anything else after she gave her the money. She doesn't ask her if she had problems getting it and why was she panting when she got home. She knew what the deal is, how  there are times, she gets in trouble when she collects the money. Cash knew how to handle herself well, she was taught  to defend herself and when she can't - to run when she could, especially if there are more than one chasing her. She doesn't want to fight if she can avoid it. Money is important, sure- but she still wants to live regardless if it feels like hell at times- or most of the time. This is the only family she has, and she can't turn away from family. At least not just yet.