Chapter 5 Anew

Itaewon

As soon as he got out of the subway he looked for a phone. He knew he needed a lot of things  to start. 

He found a phone booth and dialed a number. It was answered in three rings. After the call, he waited outside Bonanza Cafe- that's where he agreed to meet. He looked around. He's been in this area before- but it looks different now, it make sense- he has been gone for a while. 

He wanted to go inside the coffee shop but knew he can't afford to be buying coffee right now. He saw a mix of people walking around. Tourists, locals- most of them pass by him- he was at the right place. He was a nobody, no one is paying attention to him. Nobody knows him- just the place he needed. Now, if he can only find a job.

After 10 minutes- he smiled. He saw him. 

"Ram...wow it's been...a while," he said and he gave him a quick hug.

It was a guy he became close to while in jail- he wasn't a real bad guy. He was only in prison for a year for insider trading. He knew the financial world. He just got mixed in with the wrong crowd and got greedy. He told him to call him once he is out- that he will help him.

His name is Kevin Park. He is half-American half-Korean.

"Come on, you must be famished from all that bus and train ride," he said. He looks like he just got out of work. He said he only lives 10 minutes from here. 

"Just a bit," Ram said. 

Kevin laughed. "I don't think it is just a bit.." he said.

Ram smiled. 

They walked towards a parked car. 

"Go in," Kevin said as he walked around towards the driver's side.

"Thanks.." Ram said.

When inside the car- he said  he will just go home and change then they'll eat dinner.

Ram agreed. 

He lives alone in a studio apartment. He said, he would have invited him to stay with him but since it was cramped he looked around and found him a place to stay not far away from where his place is. 

When they reached his place- he turned the TV on and asked him if he wanted anything. Ram said he'll wait since they were about to go out to eat anyway.

"I will be fast," Kevin said. 

Ram nodded. He wasn't in any rush, but he was also curious to see the place where he will be staying.