Trust.

Mitch Pov:
I wish Scott would learn to trust me fully...he knows I would never judge him for who he is... to me he's still the little boy I became friends with so long ago, not a monster that's lived in a hell for five years. But Scott continues to believe he's still a monster that could hurt people if he lost control over himself.
"Hey, Scott?" I called out.

"Yes, love?" He asked.

"You know I would never judge you, right?" I asked in a soft voice.

"I... I know..." Scott mumbled in a soft voice.

"Are you sure?"

"..yes.."

"Are you really sure?"

"Yes, Mitchie."
I sighed then closed my eyes.

'If only I could find a way to earn his trust....' I thought with another sigh; but mentally this time.

"I don't mean to upset you...I'm just scared you'll be scared of what I'm like when I don't hold my thoughts back.." Scott mumbled softly.

"It's hard for me to be scared of someone I love." I said in a soft voice.
Scott sighed then stayed silent for a moment before speaking.

"I've always felt like the world was against me...against the things and people I love...and I've wanted to hurt anyone who tried to hurt the ones I love...and I feel crazy for thinking this way...but I have for so long...I've felt distant and unincluded in life...like its cast me out of it....and I hate it...I hate it so much..." He said.
My eyes widened a bit, but I felt no fear inside of me.

"I'm not scared of you at all, love, I understand why you feel this way." I said softly, then hugged him lovingly.
Scott smiled then sniffled a little.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I just got emotional from someone not being scared of me for once." He whispered.
I smiled sadly; it hurt me inside that a boy so beautiful in his own way was treated so unlike he should. Just because he's different from a lot of the world. But he can't help it! He never wanted to be taken away from the life he knew all his life! I felt white hot anger spiral up inside of me, which earned a strange look from Scott. He asked me why I had the look I did on my face, and I told him it was nothing to be concerned about. But I wonder....is there more to why he's treated like this...?

I'll have to find out....