Lucy's Nightmare

(I hope you like my first Fanfiction book about Nalu and Fairy Tail. I'm hoping to update every weekend with one or two updates. I want to thank my awesome friends Jeanne May, Savannah, and Natalie for help editing and encouraging me to write! So please enjoy my first chapter Lucy's Nightmare!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Normal P.O.V)

The sky was red when Lucy opened her eyes. Noticing her surroundings she realized she was in her guild Fairy Tail-

Or what was left of her favorite guild.

Slowly getting up from the ground, Lucy saw the place in ruins, almost as if it has been decaying for decades; falling apart little by little.  "What's happening? Where's Natsu and the others?" Lucy felt fear in her chest. Not knowing what to do, she started calling for her friends while walking into the woods.

It felt like she'd been walking for hours. She looked around her and noticed blood dropping like rain droplets from the high trees. The sky grew redder and redder every time she looked up. Lucy ended up on a path which suddenly appeared under her. Still not knowing what to do, Lucy decided to walk on the blood stained path. Eventually Lucy reached Magnolia with the path she took. Her eyes were shocked unable to move her body for what she was seeing.

Magnolia was decaying away.

The buildings, shops, and houses were destroyed along with the corpses that dirtied the streets with blood. "Wh-what's happening..." Lucy too shocked and scared to even yell for her nakamas, kept walking. The smell of death lit her nostrils along with the taste of ash in her throat and mouth.

What was minutes seemed like days came to an abrupt stop. A corpse was lying in the rubble facing towards the sky. The corpse didn't move or take a single breath with her scarlet hair on her face. Her Heart Kreuz Armor was dented and falling apart with the stain of blood on it. A sword was stuck in place in her chest. Lucy ran to the corpse and looked at her pale face. It was Erza.

"Erza! Please!.. W-wake up... Who... Did this to you?.." Lucy's tears came with a horrible knot in her throat. Lucy looked at the ground crying uncontrollably without thinking,  grabbing Erza's cold hand knowing she will never come back. "I'm so sorry Erza..." It hurt to even say her comrade's name when she flinched. Lucy got up and continued with horror in her eyes. "Is everyone dead?" Lucy kept thinking one question after another "How was Erza killed? Where is everyone else? Are they dead too?"

Lucy took a sharp turn from a building that seemed to be burned down. In the far distance of the Town Square there was a large hill. "That's strange... I don't remember a hill in the Town Square."  Lucy slowly walked over to see the 'hill'. When Lucy was close enough her nose flared with the smell of blood and decayed that was much worse than anywhere else. Inspecting closer while holding her nose, Lucy gasped from terror when she knew what this hill was for. Bodies upon bodies of citizens and her guild-mates stacked on top of one another. "Oh my God!" Lucy fell over her own footing, sliding away from the hill of bodies. "Is...everyone really de-"

Her thoughts were interrupted with the sound of footsteps. Panicking, Lucy hid herself and started to inspect what or who was walking near the hill. Two shadow-like figures threw another body with the others. Lucy quickly looked away from the freighting sight trying to control her breathing. The footsteps began to walk away leaving nothing but silence. Lucy picked herself up from her hiding place and paced to see the new body. The body was a male with a muscled feature and salmon colored hair.

Lucy dropped to her knees in horror and devastation.

"NATSU!!!" Lucy screamed using all her strength to pick her partner up and drag him away from the Town Square. When finding a secure place for the both of them, Lucy checked his chest to see if he still had a heartbeat. Her eyes filled with relief when she heard a low heartbeat. "Natsu. Wake up..." Tears streamed down Lucy's cheeks and ended on Natsu's rigged chest. "Please don't leave me..." Lucy whispered telling him and herself that they were going to be okay.
"Lucy?" Natsu didn't open his eyes, but was speaking not to her, more likely to himself. "I'm right here Natsu." Lucy smiled while trying to stop the blood dripping down his head. "Lucy...why would you do this?" Lucy looked at his closed eyes noticing he was shivering from fear. "Natsu...I'm right here." Lucy cupped her hands in his face. "Why...why didn't you stop. You killed them...all of them..." Lucy stopped breathing. What did he mean? "Natsu?"

Lucy suddenly noticed her arms were being covered by darkness. Her pale skin began showing black veins that started to travel her body. Lucy panicked; horrified to see this darkness in her body. Without hesitation, Lucy started to claw her own arm trying to get this sickening darkness out of her. Lucy looked down with panic and noticed Natsu was no longer on the ground, but becoming one with the shadows.

Lucy's vision became dark and blurry with no hope of surviving. The dark veins was wrapped around her body feeling it entering her heart. Lucy dropped to the ground coughing up blood. "I'm going to die...aren't I?" Lucy could no longer feel her body and was beginning to black out. Lucy felt her eyes closed,accepting what was coming to her.

But nothing came.

Lucy opened her eyes and was now in a dark abyss. Then, out of nowhere, she heard a soft voice of a woman.
"It's time to wake up, Light Goddess."