Chapter 2: Crybaby

Devin looked up at the bigger make when he said something mean about him being stupid. " I am not stupid...mine name is Devin" he said just before he took his rabbit plush.

" hey that's Mr. Bun bun " he said as the male stomped his friend plush and out of nowhere feed him dirt.

Devin felt like he was about to cry when the lady came.

" sweetie I told you he is no good...you should really try talking to other kids, he is just not into playing"

Devin shoot his head as spoke " he looks lonely, so I want to be his friend...even if If takes a bit I would like to see him smile"

He slowly got up as he grabbed his bunny and whipped the dust from him, as he rubbed his eyes and ran after the boy.

" wait ! " the lady yelled as her superior came and put her hand on her shoulder " let them be, maybe that's all the kid needs to finally open up, besides when the new one gets tired he will back away on its on"

" me alone! Wait !!!" Devin said as he ran after him " pleasse don't go "

The kid huffed as he heard the boy running after him. "Idiot, you love being beaten up or something? whats your problem?" He asked as he walked into the orphanage and towards the kitchen. "I'm not going to be your friend, I don't want friends." He looked around and noticed nobody was in the kitchen and made a b line to the fridge, he opened it and grabbed the cake sitting there with another kids name on it, "take this" he handed him the entire cake.

"What's going on in here??" The woman exclaimed when she saw the boys wig the cake.
When he saw the women he smirked and pushed devins face into the cake. Throughly destroying a kids birthday cake and covering Devin in chocolate.

Devin shook his head " no, but I would like o be your friend ...I mean you always seem lonely..." He said following the Aqua hair boy into the kitchen.

He saw him looking for something inside the fridge as he tilted his head " what are you doing ?" He asked just before he was handed a cake.

" is this for me?" He asked innocently giving the taller male a kind smile " but It has someone's else's name on it " he said looking down as he heared a woman's voice. Before he knew it his face and head where covered in cake.

Devin slowly put the cake down as he tried to clean his face up with his hands, smoothing the chocolate all over his face
" why you do that ? " he said about to cry.

"Because! Do a need a reason??!!" He growled at the boy who looked like he was going to cry.
"Kid! How can you do this?? You ruined Devin's clothes and Josh's cake. Why do you have to be such a bad boy." She sighed and grabbed a towel to clean up the boy.
The blue haired kid rolled his eyes and stepped back, "what ever. Maybe the stupid kid will learn!" He ran out of the room.
"I'm sorry hunny..." She apologized as she cleaned his face. "There's not much we can do with him..." She sighed. "But hey" she smiled at Devin. "Want to help me make a new cake? You can even give it to josh for his birthday tomorrow! Wouldn't that be fun?"

" it's ok it's my fault" devin said as he cleaned his face " I was bothering him, just don't get mad at him" he said trying to clean his face.
As he heared the conversation and heared the boys footsteps he knew he went upstairs.
" are you alright ?" The lady asked as she cleaned the small boys face. Devin looked at the lady as she cleaned him up. " oh okies" he said smiling a bit " but could you clean Mr. bun Bun first his face is dirty ".

" alright " the lady said cleaning the bunnies face up.

After helping to make the cake Devin walked upstairs. The ladies spoke to each other saying that they where sure Devin would get adopted soon since he was so nice.

Devin didn't understand what bening adopted ment but he didn't really worried much about it. He wanted to change his clothes so he walked upstairs slowly.

Since he was quiet most kids didn't look his way. Plus the fact that he was young and nice, made the older kids a bit jealous.

" I wish I could go home " Devin said looking sad as he wondered which one was his room.

The kid was up in his room, none of the other kids wanted to room with him so he got the room to himself even if the orphanage didn't really have room for someone to have a room for themselves. People who stayed in that room didn't stay long and ended up sharing a bed instead.

So this time around they put Devin in this room since there was no other open bed.
The kid sat on his bed and sighed the moment he noticed the things on the other bed. He stood up and walked to the door. Outside standing in the hallway he saw that kid and before he could say anything he slammed the door shut and went back to sit on the bed and mess with his finger nails that were filled with cake and dirt, it all looked the same.

" room 6 " devin said counting his fingers. That's the room number the lady had given him. As he walked in the hall he saw each door had a number on them.

" 4,5 and " Devin said as he saw the familiar face of the one he called friend, yet he didn't feel the same way towards him. Yet instead of a warm welcoming he got a door closed to his face.

"Ummmm" Devin said slowly pushing the door open. " the door says room six and the lady told me this was my room...I didn't know it was your room too " he said smiling as he walked in and closed the door. He walked towards his bed and slowly put his bunny on the bed as he looked through his things for some clean cloths.

The kid turned away and didn't say anything back, instead he finished picking his nails and tossed off his shoes onto the ground. He stripped off his dirty clothes and laid onto the bed in his boxers, not really caring who saw. He had bruises on his arms and chest from fighting and maybe even hurting himself. He sighed and rolled his eyes, "you won't be here for long..."