Chapter 2: Next Morning

*chirp chirp*

'Augh.. It's already morning?.. I think I've barely slept. Sigh. Ah, so bright. Make it stop. Stop! Stop sun! Why can't you be more like ice cream? Ice cream is nice and cool.. and delicious! Yes, very delicious. And last night was- AGHHH! Why am I thinking about last night? Last night was.. it was.. ... it .. was...'

As the birds chirped cheerfully outside, Kaito was wrapped up in his own world full of ice cream, confusion, ice cream, Gakupo, and more ice cream. As thinking about his favourite food led to thoughts of last night and Gakupo, Kaito didn't know just where to place his thoughts since all he ever thought about was ice cream, and smoke seemed to steam out of his head as he desperately fought to change the subject. The same problem having haunted him through the night, Kaito hadn't been able to get a wink of sleep, and now he was suffering from his usual low-blood sugar problem combined with extreme fatigue.

'Ah~ I want to just curl up into a ball and lie here,' thought Kaito as he wrapped up like a caterpillar.
to"

'What am I going to do when I see Gakupo-san today?'

"-ito!"

'Haah~ I don't think I can even look him in the eyes anymore.'

"Kaito!"

'Well, maybe he was just too tired to realize what he was doing. That's it! That must be why he was acting strange yesterday. Then I'll just act usual-'

"BAKAITO! YOU STUPID ICE CREAM IDIOT! HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO CALL YOU BEFORE YOU GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE? HURRY THE F !K UP OR ELSE I'LL -!#T$!*%$^# E!"

"Hiiieee!" Hearing the voice of the sake-devil, Kaito jumped out of his bed for fear of his life (which would ultimately result in a separation from his ice cream) and yelled "Coming!" as he dashed out his room, only to bash into something and fall smack on his butt.

"Oww-"

"Oh, are you okay, Kaito-san?"

"Hm? Oh, yes, sorry about that, I was rushing so-"

Kaito couldn't continue his sentence as he looked up to see Gakupo smiling down at him sweetly with an outstretched hand, waiting to help him up.

With a blush, as red as a tomato, Kaito quickly stood up on his own and stiffly walked towards the stairs to go down to the kitchen for breakfast as he stuttered "I- I'm fine." Amused, Gakupo followed suit and continued to beam his perfect smile at Kaito's direction and since he was taller than the blue-haired man, he soon got in front and chuckled inwardly as Kaito's face seemed to turn redder if that was even possible.

'Aii, what am I doing? Act normal? Yeah, right. Whoever came up with that stupid idea?- Oh, that's right. ME! Arghh, stupid, stupid!'

So absorbed in such thoughts, Kaito didn't realize that he'd reached the edge of the stairs and absentmindedly took another step, only to feel the ground slipping beneath him.

"Haa?-"

"Kyaa! Kaito-niisan!" screamed Miku in her high-pitched voice as she saw him begin to fall, which gave Gakupo just enough time to spin around and graciously catch him in his arms, bridal-style.