Chapter 9

Tris POV

I lay my head on the window as the car rolls away. He places a warm hand on my arm and drives carefully. "It'll be alright," he says soothingly.

When he parks, I don't move. He gets out and opens the door, then unlocks the seatbelt. I still don't move. He leans down so he's my height, and moves a piece of hair behind my ear. "Do you want me to carry you?" He asks gently. I shake my head and slowly get out of his car, and he walks me to my front door.

When I open the door, he says, "If it's okay with you, I'm going to stay and hang out." I smile, "Please."

We go to my room and I just lay down. I sigh and close my eyes. I suddenly feel something cold on my arm, I yell and jerk away from it. "Relax," Tobias' voice hushes. Looking down, I see him applying a cream to my arm. Completely trusting him, I close my eyes.

######

"Tris, wake up," a gentle voice says, snapping me out of my sleep. "Huh?" I ask. "Dinner's here." I sit up and he helps me up.

Dinner is pizza, it's only when we are sitting down do I remember his plans. "Weren't you going to the thing they were going to?" He smiles a little, "Zeke rescheduled."

After we eat, we watch Dance Moms.

I lay my head on his shoulder and fall asleep to Abby yelling about a sickled foot.

-be different 😘😘😘
Updated February 14
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY