Chapter 20

Tobias POV

It's been 3 days since the whole Marcus-beat-me-and-Tris-got-involved situation. Tris is regaining her memory slowly, she remembers up to the beginning of the school year now, which is a ton better, thanks to me.

Doctors came in an hour ago and said she could leave after lunch as long as all goes well until then. It is currently ten thirty.

I have a ride arranged, Zeke, and her extra clothes are packed. As of right now, Tris is laying against my chest while holding her bear and the throw blanket is on top of the covers. Her mom gave her the bear before her dad separated them. She loves the bear.

I know Tris is hungry, but she won't admit it. She still hasn't eaten breakfast yet. I offered to hit the button so they bring in food, but she said she wasn't that hungry and could wait an hour until lunch.

****
Time to go. Finally. I have Tris' bag and loads of medications. Tris is a little loopy right now from the medicine to help with the pain. Considering the circumstance I go to pick her up, but a nurse stops me and says she will help. I politely refuse and lift her easily, and gently, onto the wheelchair.

By the time I fill out the remaining forms, Zeke enters the room. "Hey guys," he says casually. Tris waves in her loopy state. I chuckle a little and pick up all her stuff. She holds out her arms, that I can tell must feel heavy, for her bear and blanket. I cover her with the throw blanket and hand her the bear.

She relaxes against the wheelchair, her eyes slightly cross eyed. Laughing, I take a picture of the cute moment.

We get into Zeke's car and leave the hospital. Yay!

-stay sparkly ✨✨✨
Updated July 23rd