Prologue

*Senior Year, LSU*

"Why you actin like a bitch Ki. It ain't even like that and you know it."

At that moment I felt like I could loose my mind.

"So I'm a bitch now. You let this...this hoe in the dorm we share and you let her "sleep" in our bed."

"Bae-" he started.

"Don't lie to me Odell."

"I swear we ain't do nothin. Baby I wouldn't do that you."

I picked up Odell's boxers from last night and threw them at him.

"There's lipstick all over your boxers. So I'm gone ask you again. What did you do ?"

I saw the guilt in his eyes before he spoke. I braced myself for the news I was about to hear.

"She gave me head. But I swear that's it-"

Before he could finish his sentence I ran towards the door being pulled back by Odell's long arms. He wrapped his arms tightly around me resting his head in the crook of my neck.

Tears ran down my face as I struggled to get away from him. I just needed space.

The fabric of my shirt began to get wet from his tears.

"Baby, please. Don't leave"

Once I gained enough strength I pulled away. Broken hearted I walked away as I heard Odell break down behind the closed door.

Running past everyone in the hallway I cried until I was pulled in a familiar grip. Through my tears I saw Jarvis as he pulled me into his dorm, close by.

At this point I didn't want to talk and judging by Jarvis' absence of speech he understood that. I laid in his bed across the chair he was sitting in.

2 hours passed, nothing changed except for the fact that Jarvis now laid under the covers with me.

"Ki, you wanna talk about it. I hate seeing you like this."

I moved further into his body.

"No. I just wanna cry."

As much as I wanted to I couldn't.

I was all cried out. Soon, Jarvis had his hand on my chin forcing my attention to him.

"Stop. Odell my man's but you can't keep crying over him. Especially if he did you wrong."

He placed a soft kiss on my forehead, then proceeded to my nose and my cheeks. There was a split second of eye contact before I decided to speak.

"I know."

We sat there in silence.

"Kiana, I love you and if you need me I'll be right here."

And in that moment I said a prayer.

A prayer hoping I would never have to see the cheating face of Odell Beckham Jr again.

And after that day Jarvis really proved his friendship to me.

I saw him almost everyday. He was the only family at my graduation. His chocolate completion stood out in the front row.

That day I walked off the stage and ran to my brother.

--------------
Just testing the waters to see if I should keep writing this.