epilogue

all rights reserved copyrighted 2016

epilogue

"Are you ready for this?"

I turned and glared at my boyfriend of two years, seeing that he was giving me a crooked smile that always made my heart stop in my chest. He was standing next to me, holding my hand, and in front of us sat our Art school that we were attending now. I leaned forward and rested my head against his shoulder, my pastel pink hair falling in front of my face. For once my rings underneath my eyes were gone, and they had been gone since Blue and I had started dating.

My mind had calmed down, and I never felt as though I was haunted by the mistakes of my past. I knew that I was able to be loved now, and that no one was perfect but Blue Majors was the closest thing to perfection my eyes. And it didn't help that he always kissed me and reminded me that I was perfect in his eyes.

"Oh yeah, getting into my dream school and having my hot boyfriend distracting me in art class? Yeah, I'm totally ready for this," I sarcastically responded to Blue, and he laughed some before he leaned down and pressed his lips against my forehead. My heart jumped in my chest, and I knew that he had finally gotten around to talking again.

Everyone was surprised when Blue and I came to school that Monday after he revealed the painting to me, and then everyone began to rush to us and ask us our story of how we fell for each other. And it was Blue that had shocked me, and had told them how I had approached him and that we had begun to built trust on each there and that along the way we found ourselves in each other and that we couldn't help but fall for each other.

And now, with him next to me, holding me against him with his head placed on top of mine, as we stood in the entrance of the art school, I never felt more complete than ever before. "I love you, Azalea Greene."

I rolled my eyes, knowing that he would always say he loved me by my full name. Even years later, when we would be married, he would tell me that he loved me, "Azalea Majors," and I would laugh at him and tell him that he was a goofball but knew that if it wasn't for him...I'd never know my true worth within this galaxy that I loved.