Chapter Six

Matt P.O.V.
We quickly shuffle pass the dead police officer and move forward.

After what seemed like forever, we found a small area with pick axes, helmets and... an empty box thrown on the floor? Maybe the others were here previously.

That's what I'm hoping anyways.

"Guys! Look what I found!" yells Sam.

We all walk over to find her holding a journal.

"It was hidden underneath this mining cart."

"Well, let's open it!" I say impatiently.

Sam opens the journal to reveal only a single page with writing on it.
It said:
To whom it may concern,  
     It's too late for me, but I've found a cure for wendigos. I've made a special bullet specifically designed to kill the wendigo spirit while keeping the human inside alive. I placed the bullet and a gun inside of a small wooden box. Unfortunately, I believe this weapon only works if the creature is in the transformation phase.
I sincerely hope this helps. Goodbye.

"Where's the gun?" asks Officer Smith.

"I just saw the box the letter was talking about right over there!" I exclaim.

Everyone inspects the box before Ashley makes the assumption, "Maybe the others took it?"

"Maybe."

Suddenly we hear screams up ahead, and they sound their friends.

Jessica P.O.V.
Just as we're about to move we see a shadow grow larger and larger until something that looked like Josh stood before us.

Although the creature had a slight resemblance of Josh, it had giant teeth with long, skinny arms. It also looks like parts of its spine shot out of its back, causing it to haunch over.

It points a long, disgusting finger at Mike and screams, "YOU!"
RUN!

All of us run the opposite direction, hoping to run into the other team. It didn't take long until we see them standing in the distance looking terrified.

Once we join, we don't have much time to react since the Josh creature is right behind us.

Everyone who has them blasts the flamethrower at the monster, but fire doesn't to affect him.

Just as Officer Daniels pulls out the revolver we found earlier, Josh grabs him and rips his head clean off and the gun falls on the ground.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A/N: Another cliffhanger? Yes, that is correct. If you vote and comment, that would be awesome. Thanks for reading!
-Lili