Chapter Seven

Sam P.O.V.
I see Josh and I almost faint. I didn't realize how different he would look while turning.

After the gun falls, Josh grabs Mike by the neck and Jessica screams.

"LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE! YOU TURNED ME INTO...INTO THIS!" Josh screams right into Mike's face.
Just as Josh tears my friend's head off, I yell, "Josh!"

The creature looks at me and his face softens as he lets go of Mike.

"S...Sam?"

"Yeah, it's me Josh," I walk closer to him.

Chris P.O.V.
While Sam distracts Josh, I quietly swipe the revolver on the ground. I remember what the journal said about saving the human inside, so this better work.

I hear Josh say to Sam, "It isn't fair, Sammy. I'm in so much pain."

Then I see angry fly into his eyes again.

"AND IT'S HIS FAULT," Josh says, pointing to Mike.

I speedily load the gun and shoot Josh in the head before he hurts anyone. The monster falls backwards and collapses like people do in the movies.

"Chris...was that you?" questions Sam.

"Uh...yeah," I say. "He was going to hurt you guys."

We all gather around Josh as his transformation back to a human begins.

"Oh my god, it's working!" Sam yells joyously.

"Nice shot buddy," says Mike.

Everyone thanks me as Officer Smith picks up the now unconscious Josh and puts him over his shoulders and says,
"we have to go. I don't trust the stability of these mines."

Before we leave, I notice Smith gently cover Officer Daniels with a nearby tarp. I guess that's all he could do in this situation.

It was my turn to lead the group out of the mines and into the dark outside. We all take out our flashlights and work our way back up to the remains of the lodge.

Once we finally reach the general area, I sit down next to Ashley while Officer Smith calls a helicopter to bring us back.

Based on everyone's appearance, nobody was badly injured besides Josh for obvious reasons.

"You know that was very brave of you," whispers my girlfriend.

"Yeah, I'm kind of a badass like that," I said.

She lightly punches my arm and giggles, then leans her head on my shoulder.

Half an hour, a prepared helicopter comes flying down to pick us up.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A/N: This chapter was pretty action filled! If you would liked it,
you can comment and vote!
-Lili