Chapter Eight

Ashley P.O.V.
Chris and I walk down the hospital hallway and into the room Josh is staying in.

We walk inside, seeing Sam laughing with Josh as he lays in bed.

Josh looks at us and says, "Guys! I...I'm glad you came, you two are the only ones besides Sammy."

Chris smiles sympathetically and replies, "It's good to have ya back, Josh."

As the rest of the group starts a conversation, I can't help but think about Josh and everything he must've gone through. I mean, the pain and hunger was probably terrible.

"Ash...Ashley?" Sam looks at me with confusion.

I quickly snap out of it and apologize. Chris and I decide its best to leave Sam and Josh alone for a bit, maybe something is happening between them.

--------LATER THAT NIGHT-------

Sam P.O.V.

Just as I'm about to drift off into sleep in the uncomfortable hospital chair, Josh wakes me.

"Hey Sam?"

"Yes Josh?"

"Do you think...maybe we could have a little get together with the whole gang after I get out of the hospital?"

"Josh, do you really think that's a good idea?" Everyone is probably still pretty scared.

"Please...I just need to talk with them."

"Alright, fine. I can set something up at my parents' house."

"Yay!" He's still such a child.

I grab for my phone and text the group chat.

Sam: Hey guys! Josh wants to have a little get together at my parents' house to...clear the air. It will probably be sometime next week. Please come, he wants to apologize.

Ashley: Chris and I will come over! Just tell us when.

There were no other responses. I guess we'll see soon.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A/N: Sorry this chapter was so short; the original was deleted so I had to write this one quickly. Please vote, it would mean so much!