Part One

Chapter 1

For as long as I remember, foster homes have been in my life. Nobody knows what happened to my parents. It's as if they were extinguished from the earth one day. My only remaining relative resides within a mental institute, so I'm pretty much alone. But not for long.

Life will be different now, or as normal as it can get bec-

"Hey are you in there"? Asks a female voice from outside the door.

"Nope. Totally not." I reply playfully.

Cindy Williams enters the room with more authority than a woman in her early twenty's should have.

"Are you ready to sign the papers that will finalize the funds and transfer the house?" She asks with a smile.

"Ready as I ever will be" I reply.

She motions for me to follow her. We weave our way to her small office in the center of the foster home. Like its second nature, I open the door for her and bow in her direction.

As we enter the office, I have a strange feeling of déjà vu.

"So where are the papers that need signing?" I ask impatiently.

"Right here. All you have to do is sign and we'll be done. And I can show you the house your parents have left to you."

And that's when the windows shattered inward.

Glass lays everywhere and my ears ring. I'm lying right under the edge of the desk I was facing.

"Did we kill him?" Shrills a tortured voice from the spot where there used to be a window.

"Let's hurry and get him, before the Average Giants show up, Liliam".

I'm harshly jolted up and I feel the pain of glass in my shoulder. I groan in pain.

"Damn it! We've hurt the prize!" The shrill voice yells in my ear.

I am slung over the shoulder of a large man, as I see a figure standing in the doorway of the office. I start to tell but the slender cloaked figure raises a finger to its lips, which I notice are slightly female.

Out of nowhere I see skeletons rise out of nowhere. Dust clouds around each one and slowly forms muscles and flesh. I now see five axe wielding Vikings where the skeletons were standing.

By now the pain in my shoulder is completely unbearable. I am played down, not so gently. I now see that the 'man' that was holding me is completely blue.

"To take out theirs pets you gotta take out them!" Shrills the blue giant.

He reaches for his leg and draws a knife then, flicks it faster than I could have imagined towards the shadow in the doorway. That's when two things happen. One, I see the shadow blur. Two, its standing behind me and I now see it's a beautiful girl. She lays her hand on my shoulder and as if in a blink of an eye we're standing in a huge warehouse. That's when I politely pass out, but not before throwing up.

In the familiar room, with the anvil in the middle of the room. A fire brick oven with white hot coal in the forge. I'm there. In a leather apron and old style safety goggles. Tongs in my hand, red hot steel in them. I'm hammering away at the piece. Always another knife or sword. I'm muttering something that almost sounds like

"Forces of fire, earth and water"

Then the metal starts turning blue. And soon enough a beautiful creation is laying on the anvil.

"Wake up sword boy" calls out above my head.

Immediately I'm wide awake. As I open my eyes I see the beautiful face from earlier. Pale, slim face, Red hair, and a nice smile.