Part Six: An Army Approaches

As I say my goodbyes to my trainer of the last five days a feeling of pride enters my chest. Then immediately I am transported to a room in which I am unfamiliar. The people in the room are my new friends who I have only known for several days not even two weeks. I stand in a corner, unnoticed, as silent and dead still as I can possibly be. One hand rests on my first blade. I feel my touch on it and it's comforting. But a new presence is on my other side reminds me that there is something stronger about me. I put the palm of my hand on the top of my one-of-a-kind Hanzo katana. I am dressed in a Hakama which is a traditional Japanese robe.

"So did anyone miss me?" I suddenly speak into the room of people sitting around a map all intently staring.

They all suddenly start and instantly a knife is thrown un-humanly fast at my face which a quick flick of my wrist and my Hanzo slices the dagger in half faster than anyone can blink I sheath my blade and smile.

"Nice to see you too Tre."

The whole room suddenly relaxes and Tre laughs, making everyone else go back to normal.

"What did I miss?" I ask

He looks down and I know something has gone horribly wrong.

"Well young blade boy, while you were gone sharpening your skills as sharp as your knew swords, I have been watching an army gather. It seems Niccolo Diablo has a wonderful army of around six thousand so far. That sizes up pretty large against our six." He looks around the room. In the room are the nine of us. Tre, Summer, Hannah, Clarissa, James, and I.

"Yes those are not good odds. But why are we having a war? Where is the war going to be and how can we end it without murdering a whole bunch of bad people?" I reply.

"The location of the most legendary sword in the world is a mountain. The mountain is known as Jagged Rock Pile. Rumor has it that there is a guardian of the sword that has never been faced. The guardian is said to be a angel of death. But to get to the mountain we have to go though Diablo's army. You think that we have a chance? I have no clue what kind of training you have been through in the last five days but it has to be legendary indeed."

I reply "I am sworn to secrecy. But I can tell you I have been molded into something that I never thought I could be. I have watched a lot of anime in my life but I have never seen this much power I have within me." To prove my point I put a fingertip on each of my swords. My left finger touches the hilt of my Hanzo slung at my right hip, and my right finger does the same to my Air Blade. Around me the floor starts to shake.

"Enough! Before you tear this house down." Booms Tre's voice. I bring my power back down and smile.

"What's the plan?" I ask.

"Tomorrow. We have to strike tomorrow. Before his army gets too large."

At this I smile knowingly. I know something that none of my friends can know.

"Tre, I need to have all of you behind me when we start to face our enemy's."

He looks at me and nods. I see that he realizes that I have something up my sleeve. I look at Summer who I notice is staring at me with a mix of awe and something else I can't read. James is looking at me and I know instantly everyone in this room has been training just like me. We have all improved our skills.

"Why?" I ask out loud.

At everyone's puzzled look, I ask again "Why are we all risking our lives for a sword that only I can use?"

James speaks up first. "Bro, I had nothing else to do before this but punch holes in my wall. Also win state wrestling championships."

The next to speak up is Tre "Because it's my job to keep the evil from getting their hands on this blade.

Then Clarissa "I was bored. Lol just kidding I like helping."

Summers voice speaks up "I liked beating you up. And now I want to protect you as much as I can."

Hannah just smiles and laughs it off. At this I just nod. These people are my new family. I realize this again.

"Let's go stop armies of evil baddies tomorrow!!" I then find out where I am sleeping and hang my swords up above my little cot. I dream about an angel with black wings and a green sword.