Part Three: Learning Things

The first thing i feel is pain the second one agony. My head is throbbing and i feel like throwing up. That's when I start to hear people. People talking in serious voices. I start to open my eyes but the light is too much and I have to close them and blink several times.

"Look he is coming around. Someone get some water for him." Tre speaks above me.

I finally open my eyes and I can feel the world spinning and I see several people standing around me. I sit up, and immediately regret it. I close my eyes and wait for the world to stop spinning. I reach up and touch my head where i was kicked earlier in the head. By a complete stranger. Because i am a freak of ancient nature. Wonderful.

"I do believe you should have stayed where i said stay, blade boy" Tre speaks again.

The room comes into full focus and i notice that i am in a random living room on yet again another random couch. Déjà vu much?

"Wh-where am i?" I ask aloud.

"Well yee are in me wee livin' room, dear little boy." A very Irish accented voice speaks.

A small middle aged woman with reddish brown hair and as pale as a ghost with freckles on her nose and cheeks walks in carrying a glass of warm steaming liquid and she hands it to me. I take it gratefully, and say "Thank you."

She quickly replies with "Yer welcom' sweetie. Tis a little tea to help yer mind."

As she walks away i look at Tre and ask "Who was that?"

"That, blade boy, is Simon's wife." "The blacksmith" He quickly adds at my puzzled look.

"She seems very kind." I say

"Oh but she is very kind and hospitable. But a fiery side that can kill demons." Booms the voice of Simon, making me jump.

The way he says this makes me wonder if she has done just that.

Tre cuts in "Moving on, we have to finish what i wanted to know now that you are awake, Drew."

He then addresses the blacksmith who is sitting in a chair sanding a large knife with a small piece of black sandpaper.

"I am sorry we brought trouble to you, Simon. But we are desperate. There is dire need for someone to train our last Binder. You have a skill that can only be taught by you and that is a form of bonding with a weapon. But yours is limited to the hammer that is forged by the smith of legend. So you can explain to him how to control the power and learning curb from it."

Simon strokes his beard in thought while he works this over in his head.

I feel my pulse start to quicken as i realize there is someone else like me and i am not completely a freak of nature.

"Sure. But there are not a lot to learn. Just facts that have to be pounded into you like a fuller on a sword. A massive amount of hard work and some metal persuasion." We will start whenever Drew feels up to it. He kind of was ballet kicked into unconsciousness.

"I am fine we can start right now" I stand up but my knees are not working properly. I fall back onto the couch and groan in pain. "Well maybe not so soon."

"Get your rest, we will start tomorrow."

I lie back down and start to think about why i am getting to use to being in unfamiliar and uncontrollable situations but then forget exactly what i was thinking.