Secret Musician - A Ross Lynch and R5 fan fiction

"Mommy!" I called, hopping off my chair and running to her with sheet music in my hand.

"Yes, hunny?"

"I can play a new song!"

"Cool, play it for me." 

"Is anyone home?"

"Nope, dear. Just us."

"Okay."

I climbed on the stool to the piano and started playing the beginning to Love Me Tender. Mother hummed along to the song, it'd been one of her favorites. 

Although, that was when I was six. My mother and father were alive and I avoided my older sister as much as possible. Now I'm fifteen.

Hi, I'm Brandy. I'm fifteen years old, I go to Helvary High School in a small town in New York. I'm not your average girl. I have frizzy dirty blonde hair, braces, glasses, and I don't care much about how I look or dress. I have blue eyes and that's really the only thing about myself I like. Although, on the other hand... my sister Jennifer, or Jenn is popular, pretty, and wellknown. 

I act like I hate her but really it's just jealousy and envy towards her. We are twins, but not identical. Once our mom and dad passed away in a fire while on vacation, we had to move in with my mom's friend Kristina. She's nice but she's always at work or out with her boyfriend. Which I thought was okay. 

This year we were going to move to LA, a place I've always dreamed of going. I promised myself I'd never preform again after my mom died though, it was kinda our thing. I walked into my sisters room, nervous as hell. "Hey, Jenn.. Can we talk?" I said, sitting on her bed.

"Sure. What's up."

"I need a makeover before LA."

"Really? Oh, well what do you want changed."

"I hate my frizzy hair, glasses, braces, acne, and clothing."

"Simple."

She got up and called my dentist. 

The Phone Call:

Dentist: hello?

Jenn: Hi, I'm calling reguarding Brandy Powers?

Dentist: Ah, yes Brandy. There's been changes as far as guardians in her file.

Jenn: yes, our mother and father passed away, we now live with our god mother.

Dentist: Oh, I'm sorry. Well what's your concern?

Jenn: I talked to our guardian, she'd like Brandy's braces off ASAP

Dentist: Well, Brandy's teeth look pretty much all closed up, you can make an appointment whenever.

Jenn: sounds good, thanks.

"What was that?" I asked

"Have Kristina call your dentist when she gets home, you're getting your braces off soon."

"I LOVE YOU."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Next, hair. Gotcha."

She rummaged through her bag of oils, sprays, treatments etc. 

"Ah! This one." she said handing me an oil to put through my hair to provent the frizzyness. "Also, take my old straightener." She said handing me an old pink straightener with purple polka dots. I soon had my arms filled with items.

"Now, we can go shopping tomorrow, but until then..." she rummaged through her closet. "Here." she handed me a neon pink laced top with white shorts. "Where this tomorrow."

"Now.. glasses. Do you REALLY need them?"

"only for reading."

"Then take them off! I'll get you contacts tomorrow as well."

I grinned bigger than ever as there was one more thing on my list. acne. 

"Now, acne,acne,acne. It's in our blood. Well, I have the perfect thing for you." She handed me a bunch of treatments, washes, and scrubs. 

---------------------------------

THE NEXT DAY:

I used the oil treatment for my hair last night and straightened my hair, it looked great! I washed my  face with all the products and my face was really clear, I even used some foundation to cover some left over spots. I wore the outfit Jenn had let me borrow and I felt more confident. I didn't wear my glasses that day either! 

We arrived at the dentist and today was the day I got my horrible braces off. I walked in, and straight to the front desk with Jenn. "Brandy Powers?" the lady said. "That's me." I nodded and followed her down the hallway, Jenn close behind. "You can sit in this chair, the dentist will be right with you." the lady said, walking out. I squealed with excitement and sat down. 

AFTER THE DENTIST:

I looked in the mirror and smiled. WOW. My teeth looked amazing! They were perfectly straight and really white! Next stop, the mall. 

We walked into many stores, Hot Topic, Forever 21, H&M, Urban Outfitters, Hollister, etc. By the end of the day I had SO many outfits. I was so happy and my Summer had finally started. 

------------------------------------------------------------

thanks for reading guys, hope you enjoyed!(: