Chapter thirteen?- managers and tears.

The next day, I cried the whole day. My manager, also R5's manager, called me into the studio and wanted me to record a duet with another artist. I was still crying and made Jenn drive me there. We walked up to the door and she grabbed my shoulders. "You can do this.'' I shook my head no and she wiped away my tears. "C'mon.'' she said, opening the door. 

We walked in and I warmed up my voice. I layed on my back and sang several scales as I usually did. I heard my manager yelling through her bluetooth as she did often. I started to feel better so I took off my leather jacket and grabbed the acoustic guitar. 

''GOODBYE.'' I heard my manager yell and then throw her bluetooth. 

''Stressed?''

''What's that?''

''What?''

''THAT!'' she said pointing to my arm covered in healing cuts.

''I'm afraid that's a bit personal.''

''I'm your manager. Spill.''

''Ross and I broke up.''

''Sooo... you cut.''

''It's a little more than it seems.''

''You do realize this could ruin your career, right? If people find out, you're dead.''

Just then the door swung open and R5 walked in. ''Who's dead.'' Riker said plopping on the couch.

''Brandy Powers is dead.'' she said, not breaking our eye contact.

''Sorry. Sorry I had a terrible childhood and now have other problems. Sorry I have the mind of a maniack. Sorry I'm not as strong as the rest. Sorry I was bullied and ignored. Sorry my parents died. Sorry that growing up I didn't have a father I could trust, and now he's gone. I'm fucking sorry ok? Take away my job, all my dreams, all I've ever wanted since I could talk.'' I said sharply. 

Everyone was silent as I pushed through Rydel and Ratliff, out the door. ''You done already?'' Jenn asked, sitting on the ground outside in the hallway on her phone. I put my hand over my mouth and barely got out the words, ''Drive me home.'' She realized I was crying and shot up from the floor. ''No, Brandy, you're stronger than this. You're going back in there and, well one, getting your jacket, and two, showing them you're better than they ever thought possible." Jenn said, wiping my tears away once more. 

Jenn grabbed the back of my shirt tightly and walked me in. ''Sorry about that.'' I said, picking my jacket up from the floor, and putting it on, slowly over my arms.. they were still very sore. 

''So you think that was ok?'' I heard Ross say.

''What...''

''Cutting yourself.''

''I never said it was ok.''

''You're hurting me too ya know.''

''You broke up with me. You shouldn't care.''

''You think I wanted to?!''

''Sounded like it.''

''You know what Brandy? I fucking loved you. Seeing you with other guys was torture. I've learned a lot about trust and being a good person while I was alone.''

''Maybe you shoul've thought of that sooner.'' 

Did I really just say that?! We were making progress and I blew it.

''Boys and Rydel and Brandy. Studio. now.'' our manager said. I raised an eyebrow at her.

''They're the one you're doing a song with.''

''But... you said duet.''

''No, I said you'll be working with another artist. R5."

"fine.''

We walked into the studio and walked up the the microphones. There was three that we had to share. "What song are we doing?" I asked into a microphone that I shared with Rydel and Riker. "Here Comes Forever. You all know it right?" We all nodded and Ross looked at me. He knew that song was my favorite.

We started singing and I started to get memories from Ross and I's relationship. Riker noticed I seemed upset and started supportingly rubbing my back. It made me feel a bit better so I sang the last part I was featured in and walked out.

--------------------------------------------

not much but here ya go little poops;*