4

|| Laila's pov ||

Cold

Alone

Dark

Near death

"Grayson stay with me please." I cried onto his chest.

His breaths became shorter.

"Grayson, please don't leave me." I cried harder. "HELP! PLEASE!" I yelled.

"Somebody! Anybody!" I cried louder.

This is all my fault.

-earlier-

"Gray, can we just go down this way? It's easier and faster to get there." I pleaded with my sad puppy dog eyes.

He groaned with a laugh and gave in.

"Okay fine! Let's go!" He said. He interlocked his fingers with mine as we began to walk down the empty cold streets.

I shivered attempting to keep warm.

"Laila, you cold?" He asked. My teeth chattered uncontrollably. He took off his sweater and handed it to me. "You need it more than I do."

I gave him a thankful smile and pulled it over my head.

"Thank you." He acknowledged me with a nodding gesture.

"Wait, let's take a turn here." He said. We walked through an alley until we heard another set of foot steps. They are heavier that Grayson's.

"Give up the girl, Or its your life." A deep raspy voice said. We stopped in out tracks and turned around.

I heard the clicking sound of a pocket knife.

"Laila, stand back." Grayson whispered to me. "Laila is such a pretty name. I can't wait to tell it out when you come home with me." The stranger said.

"She isn't going anywhere with you." Grayson growled. Before I could say or react, sirens went off and the figure ran past both of us.

I ran over and hugged Grayson. "Thank you Gray. I love you so much."

I pulled away and he collapsed to the ground. "GRAYSON!" I gently put my hand on his stomach.

Warm.

It's blood.

"Laila" he gasped.

-present-

Cold

Alone

Dark

Near death

"Grayson stay with me please." I cried onto his chest.

His breaths became shorter.

"Grayson, please don't leave me." I cried harder. "HELP! PLEASE!" I yelled.

"Somebody! Anybody!" I cried louder.

This is all my fault.

"Laila. I-I-I, love y-you." He said with a soft chuckled. I felt my tears run free.

I placed my hand on his cold cheek. "Grayson please stay. I love you so, so much." I said breaking down.

I felt his cold hand rub my cheek. His hand fell.

Cold

Pale

Dead.

- at the hospital -

I waited as patiently as I could.

"Laila?" The nurse called. I sprang up from my seat and wiped the tears from my eyes.

We both walked down the hall that never seemed to end.

She opened the door to his room and let me in. "How is he?!" I asked the doctor frantically.

I grabbed Grayson's cold hand.

No pulse.

The doctor rested a hand on my shoulder. Tears brewed in my eyes because I already know the answer.

"The wound penetrated passed his abdomen. I'm sorry, but he his gone." My whole body began to shake and my heart began to ache.

"N-no." I cried silently to myself. The doctor left leaving me alone with him.

I felt a cold breeze pass me.

"I'm still here Laila, but you just won't see me." And his voice disappeared.

-----

I low key kinda cried writing this :'( but hope you like it damndolann Dm me if you want one