18

"Yo, Vlad." Maks shouted at me to wake up. I hadn't realized I had fallen asleep on the couch. I don't even know what time it is. I ended up wasting the whole day

"What?" I asked annoyed.

"Jacque's daughter is here, she wants to take you out and show you around."

"You called her to take me out?" I said in disbelief. I was fuming that he would do that without asking me. I wanted to stay in.

I walked out of the room I was in and around the corner to yell at Maks.

Instead I walked right into a beautiful brunette. I took a double take. She was wearing a stunning red dress and had on the brightest red lipstick..

"You're staring." She said.

I looked away embarrassed. Jacque is such a tough guy, as tough as Maks is and I'm in disbelief that he has a daughter this beautiful. I completely changed my mind about staying home. Taking on the city with her as my tour guide doesn't seem like such a bad idea.

"Vlad, this is Penelope..."

"Call me Penny." She extended her arm and I shook her hand.

She and Maks laughed.

"Excuse my son," Maks said "he doesn't get out much."

I realized that she had wanted me to kiss her hand and not shake it. How embarrassing.

"I see." She said "well your going to have fun tonight with me and my friends. Do you need to get ready?" She asked in her French accent, "I will wait in the lobby for you." And with that she was gone.

"What the hell Maks!" I said "give a guy a warning next time before doing that."

"Someone's got the hots for her." He embarrassed me ten times more than I already was.

"I just met her." I said "and she's Jacques daughter, I know my boundaries. I want no part in being murdered during tomorrow's practice."

Maks laughed sinisterly. Like that had been his plan this whole time, to get rid of me and to go back home and be happy with his actual family.

"Relax. You deserve to go out and have a good time. Jacque likes you, he knows his daughter is the perfect person to show you around especially since her and her friends are the same age as you."

I hurried to get dressed and gel up my hair. I wasn't nervous around girls, I have always been the one the girls have been all over because of my dancing. I need to apologize to her for how awkward I made things after staring.

I made my way to the lobby and she quickly stood up from the chair she was sitting in.

"Penny." I said "first, can I apologize? I woke up from a nap to a beautiful girl standing in my hotel room and I.."

"Your sweet." She smiled "and my father says you are a remarkable dancer, how would you like to go to a club. I know a place, we could go dancing."

I nodded in agreement. Getting to dance with Penny is something I can't argue with. If Jacque is her father she must be a great dancer. I'm in.