42

I woke up at 4:45 to get ready. After I got out of he shower I woke up Valerie and she went down to grab us something to eat while I looked for Maks. I knocked on their door since I didn't have his room key and Peta opened up. She was already ready and she was probably in the middle of getting Maddox ready soon. I asked her where Maks was and she said the words I was least expecting to hear.

"He is at the hospital. Benji was in an accident."

Poor Maks. First me and now Benji who had no business being out prior to a competition anyway.

"Is Macy Okay?" I asked frantically.

"She's perfectly fine. She didn't go out wih them last night. Maks is proud of her, but they can't compete now. Maks is furious with Benji. He was drunk and got into a fight. He was sabotaging everything Maks has worked hard for."

I ran to Macy's room and barged in. Her door had been left open a crack. Valerie was in there asking her if she wanted any breakfast. Macy was crying.

"I just heard," I said and Macy jumped up and hugged me through her tears, "I thought you went with them."

"I almost did," She said, "but I thought better of it. I got there and thought about you, and then I came back. I knew I had to win today for you." She was sobbing.

"Well what did Maks say, how bad is it?" I asked.

"He has a broken Jaw and rib, and he can't dance today. Maks called me about 3 hours ago and I have been trying to get more sleep and I can't. Now I have to get up and get ready to what, withdraw?"

"What about you, Vlad?" Valerie said, "Don't you know the choreography?"

Macy looked up through her tears remembering that I have put in all the hours right along with them as I recovered from my own injuries.

We both smiled at eachother and I called Maks while she hurried to get ready. We had an hour before the competition would begin. Maks had to get everything changed around to where I could dance with her before it is too late.

All of the couples were in the dressing rooms getting ready to be called out and Macy and I were just praying that we could compete. I was nervous. I didn't get the extra time to practice that they all got yesterday.

Maks came running in and was smiling from ear to ear.

"We're in. Make me proud, son." He hugged me tightly.