37

I knew after I left the airport that I needed to get over to my Dad's studio and that I had a lot of explaining to do, but what was he gonna do to me? I already lost everything.

When I walked in, Macy and Benji were working out together, and drenched in sweat. Practice must have been over. I carefully got myself and my crutches through the doorway to the studio that they were in and of course Macy jumped up to help me.

"Maks and I were so worried about you." She said trying to help me and acting like I was fragile, "is everything alright, where's Valerie?"

"Yeah I just wanted to spend some time with her, that's all." I said annoyed that Macy was grilling me wih questions.

"Mace, let's get out of here Maks will be barging in any second..." Benji warned before all of our eyes darted at the back office, "I spoke too soon."

"Vladimir!" Maks suddenly approached me from his office, "keys.. now!" He demanded.

Without hesitation I placed the keys to the car in his extended hand and got myself mentally prepared for his wrath.

He silently turned around and returned to his office.

"Maks." I said "Where's my lecture?"

He ignored me so I followed him to his office as fast as I could, I still couldn't get the hang of these crutches. He was already sitting at his desk going over some emails when I walked in.

"Im dissapointed in you." He said "you chose to live under my roof with my rules. If you want to undermine my authority, feel free to leave."

"I didn't know I was such a problem to have around.." I gave a laugh of disbelief.

"What happened, Vlad, you were changing for the better, you were becoming a man and now you are acting childish," he stood up and walked over to the window in his office and looked up at the sky. I knew who he was looking for, he isn't used to being the father figure of a teenage boy. He wanted advice from his bestfriend, my mother.

He looked back at me and spoke again...

"Now that I'm your father, things are changing. I don't believe in spoiling my kids, they need to earn it. You haven't earned my trust. I foolishly fell for your silly games. The car was not supposed to leave home and so you lost the trust I had in you." He couldn't look me in the eyes, he was that angry.

"I'm sorry." Was all I could say, "I wanted freedom for a change, you know I used to have no supervision. This has been a change for me."

He nodded and looked up at me and then back out the window. He was struggling to cope with how he needed to discipline me.

I tried to maneuver myself with my crutches so that I could walk over to the window but my crutch got stuck and I almost fell. I caught myself fast enough to not hurt my injured leg any furher. When I looked up Maks had ran over in that split second to make sure I was okay. He's always doing that.

"What's this?" He asked me picking up something off the floor. I noticed it was a photograph and I hurriedly patted my pockets and realized it had fallen out. I was holding on to it ever since Artem gave it to me yesterday at my birthday dinner.

Maks had a tear in his eyes as he saw his mini family. He had no idea the baby he was kissing on the forehead was his son. My mom, however, did know. She had held on to this photo because she wanted me to have a photo like this with the both of them. They were so happy. I could tell from Maks reaction that he was heartbroken.

"Artem gave it to me." I said

He looked up at me over the top of the photograph as a tear fell down his cheek.

"Every time I get myself past your mother's death, I get these little reminders of how beautiful and just perfect she was. She was my favorite person to dance with, to argue with, to love with. She loved me and I loved her. Fate pulled us apart. Many times she could have chose me but she loved Artem. They needed eachother, and I needed Peta. But I truly am happy to have you in my life, son."

"So I'm not in trouble, then..." I gave him a pleading grin.

"No, not so fast, what you did was wrong. I'm taking the car over to Artem's garage until you are walking. I know you aren't going over there with all the houseguests."

"They will be gone soon." I said angrily.