Chapter 1

"Georgia Marie Dillon get down here right now!" I heard from downstairs.

"Oh boy here we go again" I mumbled to myself before putting away my book and heading downstairs.

"Yes ma'am?" I asked Ms. Carrie, who was my foster mother for the time being.

"What do you see here?" Ms. Carrie asked passing me a plate that I had washed just a few hours ago.

"A plate that I just washed ma'am." I replied.

"No child I mean on the plate" said Ms. Carrie rolling her eyes.

"Uhhhhhhhh....." I Said. I didn't see anything on the plate it looked perfectly fine to me.

"It's dirty." Ms. Carrie said when I didn't reply. "It could have contaminated the other plates, and you could have not washed them all correctly. Go wash them all again."

"Yes ma'am." I said disappointed.

"When I get home in thirty minutes I need all these dishes to be done, all the counters to be cleaned and the floors to be vacuumed, we are having guests later tonight."

"Yes ma'am, may I ask what we are doing tonight?"

"Business party, and your social worker will be there so make sure your dressed nice." She said.

"Yes ma'am" I said.

"Good, I'll be back in thirty minutes." Says Ms. Carrie before leaving the house.

"Ugh well, I better get started." I said to myself.

I ran upstairs quickly to find something to wear for the party and to get my old iPod that I got when I was nine from my social worker. She knew how much I loved music and put all my favorite songs on it. It's a little blue iPod that you can clip onto your shirt and plug headphones in. It has no screen but on the back has the word "HOPE" carved into it. I plugged my old headphones in and kept pressing skip until I got to the band I wanted to listen to. Pentatonix.

I ran back downstairs just in time for rather be to start. I started singing along with Kirstie's part while cleaning.

Sure, I'm not a horrible singer, but I'm not great either. I feel like I could get better with lessons but none of my foster family's could ever afford music lessons. Granted, none of them really wanted me in the first place, they just needed someone to take care of the naughty kids who no one wanted to look after or, someone to do all the housework while they went out to bars and parties but stayed sober enough so the social workers wouldn't notice.

Yeah my life has been pretty bad but, I know that where I am right now is exactly where I'm supposed to be. I would not have been given this life if I wasn't strong enough to live it.

_____________________________
A/N
Chapter two will be up in the next few days. In the meantime.... Be very excited that PTX won their SECOND Grammy. IM SO HAPPY FOR THEM!