I'll Be Your Friend

Cassie's P.O.V.

School was the same again. The "friends" who are always by my side. They aren't really my friends, I can tell, they just hang around because I'm popular and pretty. I wish I could escape from this for just one day. Hey.. what are those kids from my school doing over there? It looks like.. oh no.. they're bullying that kid again. What's his name? Um, I think it's Marcel. I feel bad for him. The way they treat him because he looks different. It's not fair.. I'm gonna do something. I walked over there and yelled at them, "Hey! Leave him alone!." "Oh. Hey Cassie," one of the bullies said, "Finally agreeing to go on that date with me? I knew you'd come around." "No," I said, "I want you to leave him alone, he never did anything wrong to you." "Woah," they said. "Ok but you can't protect him forever." Then they walked away.

"Hey." I said, "Are you ok?" "Yeah,' He said, "Thank you." "No problem. Your name's Marcel right?" "Yeah, I'm surprised you know that and I'm surprised you did that for me. You know.. You being popular and all.." "I didn't ask to be popular.." "Well I didn't ask to be a nerd.." "I know but, I don't care that you're a nerd. you're still a human being just different." I smiled so he knew that I meant it in a good way. Up close he is actually pretty cute. Those dimples are gorgegous. "You're the first person that has actually liked talking to me." "What about any of your friends?" Wait uggh Cassie you are so stupid why would you ask that of course he doesn't have any friends. "I don't have any..I probably never will." I see tears swelling in his eyes. I feel so stupid for asking such a dumb question. I know another thing I like about him though, he's sensitive. Not many guys are. "I'll be your friend." "You will?" "Yeah." "Why?" "Why not?" "Because I'm a nerd.." So?" "Ok. So if you really do want to be my friend. Would you like to come..um.. hang out at my house..It's ok if you don't I'll understand." "Yes I would to hang out with you at your house."  "Ok I live on Barq's Ave." "Really? I live on that street too. That's why I see you walking to school every morning, I had no idea that's where you live." "Yeah. So.. Shall we?" "We shall.' I giggled. I've never heard anyone say that before. "What's so funny?" "Nothing. It's just you're funny." "Thanks.." His face turned red. Gosh he's cute. "I never told you my name. It's-" He cut me off. "Cassandra. I know. I see you in school with all your friends.." "Yeah but, you can call me Cassie. That's what all my friends call me. They aren't my friends. They just want to be popular so they hang out with me." "Oh.. and I like Cassandra better. It's more original. Like you.." I blushed. No one has ever called me original before. "Ok so you can call me Cassandra," I smiled. Someone who likes my real name. No one ever did so they gave me a nickname, "And thank you for calling me original. You aren't like other guys either. You're better." His cheeks turned rosy red. "Thanks. We're here." Wow.. His house is HUGE! "Wow..." "This is just the outside." He winked. I can't wait to see the inside and where this friendship is going...