Chapter 3

I feel drowsy.
I realise I'm still in the arms of Ocean eyes. I ask him what we're doing and where we're going. His only reply is 'be patient'.

We finally arrive at a rundown caravan, Ocean eyes gently places me on the ratty old sofa, which was none the less still very comfortable.

I still feel drowsy. It feels as if a huge hole swirls around me. I snap out of my hallucination to find a man with numerous scars all over his dark skin. He grabs my waist, harshly, so that I'm standing.

His calloused hands, jerk in front of him as of the gesture is foreign to him.

I stare at the man, who must be in his late forties, still dumbfounded. My intuition tells me to run out of the caravan, that very moment I remember my promise to Ocean eyes, I told him that I would stick by him, that I wouldn't leg it, that I would trust him even if I felt otherwise.

Calloused hands starts to talk, while I play with my long blonde hair that is drenched in sweat.

He says,"I understand you must be very scared right now, however, we need you! We need your help to break the hourglass."

That's what we must be in, a GIANT HOUR GLASS!

He continues, "I was placed in this death trap when I was 18, so probably near your age. Jimmy right here..." He says while grabbing Ocean eyes' shoulders. So thaaaaat must be his name.

".... Came in when he was round about the same age as well."

Jimmy interjects " So now that you know my name, care to share yours?"

"Well Jimmy, my name is Juliet." I reply

"..... Mine is Charles." Calloused hands adds. "Can we get back to business now?"

The room become silent.

"Anyways, we're really desperate right now. I received a note yesterday; before you joined us, if you want to bust out of this joint, we have to do it before the sun goes down for the first time. The sand is also running out which means our time is very very limited before we drown in this pit and die."

I interject, " Wait, the sun has never set before?"

" No, it hasn't." Jimmy replies calmly

"Oh." I say. "Wait you still haven't explained why you need me."

"We need you because it's says we need a female's touch to break the glass."

"Well, that doesn't seem to hard I suppose, as long as there aren't any Cobras I'm good." I chirp.

We get out of the old caravan and head in some direction that seems unfamiliar to me but to the others; they knew it was like it was the back of their hands.

We arrive at a deep lake.