Gift

"Noah, Porter, Benson" she smiles. Today is the happiest day of her life. She has finally got the family she had craved her whole life. She longed for a child. And now he his her's. Forever.

She flashes back as she flips over the bacon on the frying pan. Today is Noah's 15th birthday.
He knows that he is adopted, but he knows nothing about his past. Today. She will tell him today.
But then again, she told herself that she would tell him every year since his 10th birthday. But she can't bring herself to.
She can't bring up the past, that had been so brilliantly hidden.
She hears footsteps coming down the hall way.
"Morning mom" he says walking into the kitchen towards her. He knows that he is adopted, and he gets bullied at school because of it. But the way he sees it, is that Olivia wanted him, she took care of him. She is his mother.
"Hey, happy birthday" she says
"Thanks" he replies, before he kisses her cheek. "This smells good"
"Thank you, how about you go sit down, and I finish this up" she says
"Okay" he smiles. He sits down at the breakfast bar and takes a sip of the orange juice that she had already poured for him.
She puts the bacon on a plate and puts it in front of him.
"Here you go" she smiles. "Look, Noah. I need to speak with you. Later. I know that you want to go out with your friends today. But I want you back for dinner. Is that okay?" She asks
"Yeah, what do you need to talk about?" He asks
"I'll explain everything later" she says.
She kisses the top of his head before leaving him to eat his breakfast.
She goes back into her bedroom to get dressed for work.
She wears her tight black jeans and a black shirt with a white vest underneath. She wears a pair of black heeled boots, and a black belt that she attaches her shield and gun into it. She puts on her leather jacket as she walks through the bedroom door.
"So where are you going after school?" She asks
"we are going to the mall to get something to eat, then I was thinking we come back here. Is that okay?" He asks
"Yeah, sure. I'll be back as soon as I can. Or do you want me out of the house?" She jokes
"No, mom. This is your house! I can't tell you what to do! We will be back around six, and will hang out in my room or something. But we can still talk like you wanted" he smiles.
"Okay. I'll see you later okay" she says
"Okay" he kisses her cheek.
"Oh, hey. I almost forgot!" She says walking back into the bedroom.
She comes back out with a blue gift bag.
"Mom! You didn't have to get me anything!" He says
"Yeah I did! I wouldn't, not get you a present on your birthday" she says
"thank you" he smiles even bigger this time.
"That's okay. Look I'm gonna be late. I'll see you tonight" she kisses his cheek before leaving for work.