Chapter 14 Finally Here

Today was the day; the day I was going to leave Florida and go to Seoul. The day I get to start my summer away from home. And the day I start getting to know my dad's other family and have an amazing summer with Hakyeon and my friends..hopefully.

   It feels a little weird to be honest. The idea of being away from home; away from my mom. I told myself that it was just going to be for the summer and that maybe she can visit me in Korea. I shook off these thoughts and started getting ready for the trip.

  My mom has been going crazy making sure I have everything I need. My clothes, my makeup, vitamins, since she said they might not have them in Korea, etc.

For my last night in Florida this summer, I slept on my mom's bed next to her. By then, I was really sad and already missing my mom even though she was right next to me.

"Sienna," She began. "Always listen to your dad and don't upset him, alright?" She told me. "Get along with his family and don't bother them. They will be probably be a little uncomfortable meeting you, but don't worry. You'll be fine and they'll like you. Give it time. They're not bad people."

"How do you know that they're not bad people? What if they are?" I asked.

"Your dad wouldn't have married that woman if she wasn't kind and with a beautiful heart. Your dad is also a good person, so be nice to him. "

I nodded, then we went to sleep.

  I woke up the next day and I wanted to be comfortable and cozy on the plane so I put my hair in a messy bun, wore a cute shirt with the nicest sweatpants I owned, and wore my black converse. I prepared a little backpack to take with me that had my essentials. Phone charger, laptop, drawing pad, pencils, hand sanitizer, a book to read, and a bunch of other stuff.

I also bought my coffee because how else was I going to wake up at 5:30 A.M. and not look like a zombie for the rest of the day? Hakyeon came over my house so that my mom would take my dad and us to the airport together. We were going to meet the others there. We put our luggage in the car and my mom made sure I wasn't forgetting anything..again.

Hakyeon and I kept quiet during the car ride while my parents talked. Then, we finally arrived at the airport and found our friends. It was almost time to get on the plane and I made sure I spent all the time left with my mom. When it was finally time to leave, my mom and I started to cry. I was happy that I was traveling with Hakyeon, my friends, and my dad, but the thought of not being able to physically see my mom scared me. My mom and I hugged each other one last time before we got on the plane.

Hakyeon, Winter, and I sat next to each other since the seats were three seats in a row. I sat by the window because I enjoyed looking at the land beneath us. Hakyeon sat next to me, and because Winter is slightly scared of heights, she sat the furthest from the window. I thought my dad would've wanted to sit next to me, but I guess he didn't want to push it since I was already upset about leaving my mom behind and I needed Hakyeon and Winter to comfort me. So my dad ended up sitting next to Ken and Hyuk. Ravi, Leo, and Chloe sat in the same row. Hongbin ended up sitting next to two strangers, but he didn't mind it since one of the people was a young lady. He basically prepared himself to flirt and impress this girl for the next 18 hours.

"Babe, you'll be fine. I promise I'll make this trip the best trip ever, okay?" Hakyeon said, holding my hand.

"Okay." I nodded and gave him a warm smile.

Having Hakyeon and Winter by my side, I felt better and started to enjoy the trip. First, us three watched a movie and then we each did our own thing for the rest of the time. I started to draw and listen to music, Hakyeon took a nap, and Winter read a book.