Chapter 4 Nightmare

Kanan Pov.
I was meditating in my room when I felt fear through the force, Ezra must be having a nightmare. About a minute later I heard someone screaming bloody murder. I quickly ran into Ezra's room. I opened the door to see Ezra asleep, but in pain. I went to the side of his bunk and sent calming waves through the force. They didn't go through. Man this kid must be thinking of something bad. Just then he lurched forward, still screaming. He looked over at me, his eyes were filled fear. Then he did something unexpected. He hugged me tight, and rested his head on my shoulder. I felt my shirt becoming damp, wait, was Ezra crying? Oh my gosh, what did this kid dream of?? I just stared at him in shock, Ezra was never like this.
"Kanan, I'm so sorry, I'm sorry that I failed you. Please don't be mad at me." What? Why would I ever think that Ezra failed me? Heck, I haven't even finished my own training, my master was killed in order 66 before I could finish it.
"Ezra, what are you talking about? You could never fail me." He took his head off of my shoulder, and he stared at the floor, his hair covering his eyes.
"I understand if you want to get rid of me, and find a better padawan." I couldn't take this, why would say those things about himself? I bent down, slid his hair out of the way, and wiped his tears. "Ezra. I couldn't wish for a better padawan in this entire galaxy, heck you are like a son to me. I couldn't ever lose you."
"Thanks, Kanan. Well it's late, I'm gonna head back to bed." As I was leaving I heard Ezra mumble. "Love you too dad."