Chapter 8 The Others

Ezra Pov.
I woke up alone in the med bay, why am I here? Then I remembered how I was shot, and how Kanan knows, but he still accepts me for me. Why? I don't know, but I do know that he is a father to me and he loves me. I slowly got up to go get some food, I'm starving! As soon as I stood up I fell. Ow. I heard paced footsteps. When I looked up the door flew open and there stood Kanan, looking down at me. He chuckled.
"Can't leave you alone for one minute can I?" He helped me up, and helped me walk to the kitchen. No one was there. Huh, that's odd. Usually Zeb is constantly eating. I thought Kanan might know.
"Hey Kanan, where is everyone?"
"Haven't you seen the clock? It's 3 o'clock in the afternoon Ezra, they ate hours ago." Oh, wow. And here I thought it was time for breakfast. I can just wait until supper then. As I was walking out Kanan grabbed my non-injured shoulder.
"And where do you think you're going? You are eating now. You've missed 3 meals." There's no point on arguing with Kanan, he's been worrisome lately. He's acting a lot like Hera, and it scares me. Once I started eating, Kanan decided to start a conversation.
"So, when are you going to tell the others?" I haven't really thought about telling anyone else, I'm really surprised that I'm ok with Kanan knowing.
"Ummm probably never. Kanan, you are the only one who treats me the same. Zeb and Sabine would be nicer to me, Hera would always be more worried than she already is, and none of them would ever treat me normally again! They would all just feel bad for me, I DO NOT NEED THEIR SYMPATHY KANAN!!" I stared into his eyes, they were full of shock, I didn't mean to outburst like that.
But when it comes to conversation on how I was a slave, I can't control myself, it's a rough subject.
"Ok, we don't have to tell the crew, but Hera already knows. While you were unconscious, she came into the med-bay and demanded answers. And we both know that there is no arguing with Hera." He's got a point there, and as long as Sabine and Zeb don't find out, it's ok. I would just hate to ruin the relationship I have with them, being their annoying sibling. We have a perfect family, and I wouldn't  have it any other way.