Chapter One

Chapter One

Just Another Day

~~~ In case of emergencies (or caught by an angry husband) run like hell ~~~

They told me not to do it, that it would only lead to trouble. But did I listen? Nope.

"Get back here!" yelled the infuriated husband running after me running at full speed with a bat in hand.

I run with my pants falling down revealing my underwear and my shirt fully unbuttoned in the busy streets of Manhattan. The wind blows my shirt back while also revealing my white bra and bare stomach. For the first time I don't care that everything is showing, but instead just keep running like hell as far away from the buff angry husband as possible. Its times like these when I thank my high school coach for all those brutal work outs. Thank you coach! Take a bow.

The guy keeps getting closer and closer by each passing second. He holds onto the bat anticipating the moment when he can do some damage with it. This of course, made me run even faster.

"Move! Move!" I yell at the people in my way. They stare after me when I pass by but I once again don't care, I actually want to live to see another day. But hey, It's not every day you see a barefoot girl holding her pants with a fully unbuttoned shirt running away from a guy with a bat.

"You bitch! get back here!" He pushed someone out of his way, which caused him to slow down but he soon recovers and starts running at full speed again. This fool is definitely mad at me for sleeping with his wife.

The sound of tires and breaks squealing has never sounded so good until now. I hop into the back seat not bothering to open the door since the convertible top is down open.

"Go, go, go!!" I yelled seeing the man just a few feet away. She hits the gas pedal and we are all shot backwards while the car speeds down the street leaving nothing but smoke behind us. He misses us by a few seconds.

He stopped running after the car when we were turning the corner and kicked a nearby trash can. He breaks the bat with his knee and still looks angry. I help but picture him doing that to my body instead of the bat and almost want to kiss my rescuer. Almost.

All three women laugh at me in unison when they notice my unbuttoned clothes and current state.

"I told you not to mess with-" I interrupted her before she starts with the lecture. I'm so not in the mood right now. I'll get it from dad anyway. I'm pretty sure someone will let him know what his daughter is up to.

"Carrie, I just jumped out of a two story window into some spiky bushes, was chased by an angry husband with a bat for ten blocks, my hair is a mess, I am sweaty, and my feet hurt like hell. I'm not in the mood for an 'I told you so' speech, so please save it." I close my eyes and run my hand through my messy tangled hair. Carrie nods her head and makes conversation with the girls.

What a day. It's not even noon yet, and I'm still not over this stupid pain in my ass hangover.

Carrie has me home in no time. I hop off the car and thank her. "Thanks again for saving my ass."

"Where the hell are your shoes?" Carrie's girl asks looking down at my dirty shoeless feet. The other girl, who was sitting in the back with me, looked down at my feet and also laughed. I still don't know both their names but what's the point when there will be two new girls in their place tomorrow.

"I didn't have time to put them on." I murmur putting a hand behind my head and scratching my neck. They laugh at me once again and drive away.

I'm fixing my belt and buttoning my pants and my shirt when I notice people staring and pointing at me. I continue with my walk of pure shame looking for my apartment keys.