"Roaring Spring"

Written in 2002

You had me live when I was to die/you grabbed my hand just as I did slide/you woke me to the rest of the world/refused to let me be plagued by ignorance/helped me rebel at every chance/you liberated me from having to fit their mold. You took me in, all sad and cold/you pushed me to try despite how I'd resist/told me of my potential, made me take risks. You refused to let me be anything but myself/pulled me from the imitation shelf/you reveled in our energy, us all young and spry/you spoke of my beauty, even deep within my eyes. You chose to stay when everyone was gone/picked up my pieces, gave me someplace to belong/you demanded my best when I thought I was through/When I fell apart you gave me the glue/When depressed and both dead we lay in the grave/speaking of our wounds you helped ease the pain/When they tried to corrupt me, you were a shield/when I went numb, you made me feel/When I ached you showed me empathy, loved me and helped but never with pity You loved me despite my shortcomings/denied me all short of true loving. You heard my dreams and helped me fog reality. You protected me as thought it came naturally. You are the blooming Spring and I Persephone/the cosmos know why we fit so awesomely.