Chapter 20

Lucy POV:
As Natsu and I walk into school, I look around at the faces that once tormented me, the face that now show warm and welcoming smiles.

I hadn't realized it at first, but ever since I met Natsu and his friends, no one at Fairy High has insulted me.

It's actually a little weird to see the faces that once hurt me acting nice and kind, but I'm grateful.

I'm grateful towards Natsu and our friends... because without them I would still be getting bullied.

"Good morning Lucy!" A group of girls greeted me.

"Hi." I shyly whisper while awkwardly waving.

It's going to take me a little time to become comfortable talking to the people that once hurt me.

"See you in gym Lucy!" the girls said as they were walking towards their homeroom.

"Okay, see you then!" I respond with a timid smile.

"You're getting more popular by the day Luce!" Natsu exclaimed with a grin.

"I guess so, but that doesn't matter to me. What matters is that I have you!" I blurt out.

Both of our cheeks turn red in a matter of seconds.

"A-and the others too!" I shudder, my cheeks hotter than fire.

Together, Natsu and I begin laughing and continue doing so the rest of the way to class.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just as Mr. Reedus was about to show us how to draw a head "correctly", the lunch bells rings.

I stand up from my seat and head towards cafeteria.

Once there, I get my lunch and happily skip to my table.

There I am greeted with faces that would never leave my side, faces that will continue to call me friend, faces that will love me forever.

"Hi Lucy! Luce! Lu-chan!" they welcome me.

Sitting down in between Natsu and Levy, I reply, "Hi guys!"

The eight of us begin to eat our food and chat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

About half way through lunch Erza askes, "Do you guys want to go to the mall this afternoon?"

Remembering that it's Friday, I respond, "Yeah! That'd be so much fun!"

"Let's do it!" Levy squeals.

"Geez, calm down Shrimp." Gajeel says with a smirk.

He earns a slap on the head from Erza.

"Do you have a problem with my idea Gajeel?" Erza questions with a demonic aura.

"Uh n-no its g-good!" Gajeel shudders.

Everyone bursts out laughing.

"Ha! Metal Mouth isn't the big bad wolf he puts off to be." Natsu mocks in a babyish voice.

"What was that Flamebrain?!" Gajeel yells while getting up to fight.

"Ugh, you guys are so immature." Gray complains.

"Says the one who's half naked!" Gajeel shouts while pointing at Gray's bare chest.

"Yeah Ice Princess why don't you go put some clothes on!" Natsu teases.

"You dumbasses wanna go?!" Gray askes, his fists in a fighting position.

"Those idiots..." Jellal whispers.