Too Good ☯

I don't know how to talk to you

I don't know how to ask you if you're okay

My friends always feel the need to tell me things

Seems like they're just happier than us these days

Yeah, these days I don't know how to talk to you

I don't know how to be there when you need me

It feels like the only time you see me

Is when you turn your head to the side and look at me differently

Yeah, and last night I think I lost my patience

Last night I got high as the expectations

Last night, I came to a realization

And I hope you can take it

I hope you can take it

I'm too good to you

I'm way too good to you

You take my love for granted

I just don't understand it

No, I'm too good to you

I'm way too good to you

You take my love for granted

I just don't understand it - Drake ft Rihanna x Too Good

*******************

C H A P T E R 24 - India

After Rah left to do God knows what, I decided to call Brooks and tell him the good news. I finished washin' da' last pot and putting it on the rack, I grabbed my iPhone from da' counter and went to recent calls, I clicked "Baby Father😋💍❣️" and waited fo' da' phone to ring.

On tda' last ring, Brooks picked up. "Yes baybeh?"

I giggled at da' term of endearment like a lil ass schoolgirl. "Hey baabe, what are you doin'?" I had to slip it to him slow that I talked to Rah earlier because Brooks dont een' like me tryna meddle.

"Im at the trap wit' Justin, workin'. What are you doin'?" The background noise was too much and I could barely hear him.

"Brooks, I can barely hear you." I said, holdin' my other ear so I could try to hear him better.

"Oh shit, my bad baybeh" The background noise was na' gone and I could hear nothin'.

"Better," I cleared my throat. "Well I just finished cleanin' up the kitchen. I cooked a big ol' meal."

"Oh wha' was da' special occasion?" He asked. "Nah the real question is, did you spare me some food? A nigga tryna come over and eat."

I laughed. "I left a lil sum' sum' but nothin' serious, Rah just came over and we.. you know.... we talked."

The line was silent. "Oh did you?" Brooks said.

"Uh huh," I played with my fallen curls from my bun. "We talked about me and ..........you."

"Is that right?" Brooks replied, with a bit of amusement in his voice.

"Yeah, he accepts my apology and gave us his blessing" I said all cheerily.

"Well.." Brooks laughed. "I wa' bouta be wit' you regardless of wha' dat' nigga says."

"I mean me too but it just helps ya kno'.. dat' he is okay wit' it." I shrugged.