~Chapter 4- The Light~

I was questioning my whole existence right now, wondering if there even was a light. I felt a shiver up my spine, but I didn't think it was because of my poor, ruined, wet clothes. I called my mom because I was so upset.

Me: Mom! I cannot even believe you right now! I have been through too much—my CLOTHES have been through more! Come pick me up!

Mom: Savanna, I have told you in the text, you will survive. I might be able to pick you up, but aren't you already more than halfway home? It's been 15 minutes since school was out! 

Me: Mom you seriously do not understand me right now. Come right now! I'm not having a good day! I mean, my boots got ruined! And my bag is full of water! 

Mom: We will wash and dry your bag and boots, calm down. I'll be at the school in 10 minutes. Be there, okay?

Me: Fine...Come fast! 

     There I was, walking BACK to the school looking horrible. I looked like a wet clown. My makeup was all off and on my cheeks and it was horrible. It took less than 10 minutes and I sat on the black bench outside my school. I was the only one there, in the rain, looking so depressed. I thought about the light for so long I haven't even realized my mom's car honking. 

     I shook my head quickly to get out of my daydream and my mom looked at me with a weird look. 

     "Oh my, what happened?! No, no, no. You cannot get in my car like this, Savanna!" I could hear Kayla snickering in the front seat and I got so upset I slammed the door and ran. I ran as fast as my dirty boots could and I sat on a tree log in the forest. The last thing I heard was my mom yelling Savanna. 

     I cried so hard, my makeup was all off. I stood up, swiped my dress and walked the rest of the way home. I got lost because I just moved here, obviously, and I got scared. I looked around in the forest and I saw the light again.