~Chapter 5- I'm Sorry~

I stopped crying and looked at the light with my wet eyes. It stopped raining and I saw the light clearer. "What are you...?" I asked the mysterious light. "Shhhhh..." The light replied.

     "M-M-My name is Savanna. I come in peace. What are you..."  I whisper, trailing off. "I am a light spirit. I stick to a person for as long as they need. I have stuck on to you since you were 4 years old." The light says, in a soft, soft, quiet voice, trailing off just like me.

     I sat on the log again, staring at the spirit in confusion. I felt the vibration from my phone. I picked it up and I have a text from mom.

Mom: Savanna, you cannot storm off from me like that! I said nothing wrong! All I wanted was for you to wipe your feet! Please come home, we are waiting for you. And I have a little something for you.

I reply: You cannot bribe me to come home. Whatever it is, save it. It was my first day to school and I don't know the way home and you think Kayla is more important. I wish dad was still with us.

She calls me and I answer with anger.

Me: WHAT?! I THOUGHT WE TALKED IT THROUGH BY TEXTING.

Mom: Honey, I—I—

She was crying and I heard Kayla in the background say 'Mom, just close it, she doesn't care.'. 

     The call hung up. I started crying hysterically and the light came closer to me. It was about 6:00pm and it was getting dark. "You should start getting home. Like I said, I am with you. Just whisper light and I will arrive, cheering you up. I expect a call."

     I wiped my tears and walked home. I asked the light to follow me so I am not lonely and she did. Together, we walked home, the moist air in my face.