~Chapter 7- Another Day, Another Trouble~

I woke up, thinking of what happened last night. I get out of my warm bed and go into the bathroom. I do my makeup, same as yesterday, and actually put my phone in my purse. I wear a knee high plain, black skirt, a floral collared shirt tucked into the skirt, open toed black high heels, and put my hair up in a messy, but controlled bun. I sprayed on my Katy Perry perfume and walked out the door. Kayla was in the drivers seat this time. 

     "Mom told you you can't drive" I say as I sat down in the front seat. "Mom said she got a job today at the fashion store and told me to drive you." She replies, adjusting her mirrors. "Wait...Mom got a job at A FASHION STORE?!" I excitedly say. "Yeah, but don't get too excited, she is just trying to get a new job here." She says, starting up the car.

     As I get out of the car, I couldn't stop thinking about mom getting a fashion job. I have so much teach her. I walk through the gates of school and walk into the library and took out my phone, plugged in my earphones, and listened to music. 

     The rest of the day was boring. Lots of homework, lots of school work, and lots of studying. Mom texted me saying:

Mom: Hey Savanna, Kayla is picking you up today, I'm at work. I'm sure Kayla told you, but I got a job at a fashion boutique 😉

Me: Mmkay. And OMG, I cannot even believe you got a fashion job! TTYL, luv ya!

Mom: I'll be home in an hour! 

     I waited for Kayla's car and then these kids starting yelling my name. I turned around and saw a group of 2 boys and 1 girl. "Hey! Savanna! You were the one walking through the woods yesterday, weren't you! Yeah! You probably live there, in the woods!" One of the boys called out, teasing me. "Make fun of me, I don't give a crap." I say, looking away and taking my phone out. "And for your information, if you must know, I live in a big house 20 minutes away, and most likely you live in the woods if you saw me, so don't give me that attitude, mmkay?" I replied, yet again with sass. One of the boys in the group turned red. HONK. I walked over to Kayla's car and put on my seatbelt. 

     I sat in the car just looking through my window. It was a quiet ride home. "Hey, what's up?" Kayla asked, sounding very curious. "Nothing. Hey, can you stop by the forest. I think I-uh-dropped something from when I walked home..." I said, still looking out my window. "Uh, sure?" She replied, and we slowed down by the forest. "There's your stop. You gonna walk the rest?" She asked. "Uh sure." I said getting out of the car, not smiling or half smiling. I ran into the forest, watching Kayla stare at me and drive away. 

     I sighed, sat down on a tree log, and looked around. Light I whispered, and Lit showed up. "Lit, did you see me at school?" I asked, looking around in case someone was here. "Shh...yes I did, you better get home, get some rest. I'll watch over you, goodbye." Lit whispered, blinking slowly. "Uh, see you tomorrow?" I replied and started walking home. I wiped my skirt from the dirt of the tree log and started walking home, looking back most of the time, seeing Lit perched up on the tee log I was just sitting on. It seemed she was waving her small hand of light and poofed away. 

     As I saw my house from afar, the lights were all on, I could hear barking from my room and wondered what is going on. I started running from there and reached the front door. The door creaked slightly and I sat my backpack on the dining room chair. I ran up to my room and heard scratching behind the door. I tip toed and put my ear on the door. I heard whining and growling. I slowly opened my door and almost fell back when the baby black Labrador jumped on me. "Kayla! What is this! Where—what—huh?!" I yell from my room, petting the puppy vigorously. "It's your birthday present! Happy early birthday!" She yelled up from the living room.

Mmkay! So, I haven't updated this book in so long, so please forgive me! It's finally up, I will update more often, but hope you like this chapter! ~Minty