Prologue

A/N: Don't ever say a demon's name out loud! So if you read this out loud don't say any demon's name. EVER!
If you die it's not my fault.
---------------------------------------------
"Tetsuya, today's the day. So wake up sleepy head," said a sweet voice.

"Okay mother," said a younger voice. That voice belonged to a blue-haired and pale skinned ten year old boy. Today was a special day; today was the day that he got his own demon.
You see, the Kurokos were demon hunters. They protect the city from the harm that supernatural beings, like demons, do. In order to hunt demons you needed a weapons with a demon inside. Today Kuroko Tetsuya was going to get his own demon and weapon.

"I wonder what type of demon I'll get?" wondered the younger Kuroko.

"I wonder too. It's not like weapons run in families," said a new voice. That one belonged to the younger Kuroko's father. His weapon was dual pistols and his his demon was Aka Manah.
Tetsuya's mother's weapon was a bow and arrows and her demon was Leraje.

"I think it will be a sweet demon," encouraged his mother. "You're such a sweet boy so you should get a very nice demon."

"Then what about father? He's nice but he got a scary demon."

The couple chuckled. "It all depends on the weapon. The demon may look scary but him and your father are very good friends. If you want to be a successful demon hunter you and your demon have to get along."

"Oh okay. Then I hope my demon is nice."

After the family ate breakfast they headed towards the cemetery. That is where they talk to the spirits and demons of the Underworld.

"Go on Tetsuya," urged his parents. He had practiced the ritual many times before. He closed his eyes and, in his mind, willed a demon to appear.
'Please, oh great demon, please become my partner. I want to prove that I am strong and that I can fulfill my family's legacy.' pleaded the younger Kuroko.

'Hello young Kuroko Tetsuya,' said a voice.

'H-hello,' stammered Tetsuya, startled that a demon had responded.

'My name is Vepar. Usually I come when it is dark out but you interest me. You are calm and thoughtful, good for battle at sea,' he told Tetsuya.

'So what is your weapon?' asked Tetsuya curiously.

'I grant summoners the power to levitate and I summon ships and control storms, but my weapon for you is throwing knives. Of course they can levitate as well,' Vepar answered.

'So will you form a contract with me?' asked the little Kuroko as he held out his hand.

'Yes I will Suya-chan,' he smiled as he shook his hand signing the contract.

'Suya-chan?'

'That is what I'll call you since we are going to be spending a lot of time together,' explained Vepar.

'Oh, okay,' replied Tetsuya with a wide grin.

Kuroko Tetsuya woke up. He got up from his lying position and his parents were staring at him.

"So?" they both asked.

"I met a demon and she was very nice. His name is V-"

"Shh, demon names have power Tetsuya. Do not ever speak your demon's name out loud, understand?" hushed his mother. He nodded in response showing he understood.

"What weapons did you recieve?" asked his father.

"Throwing knives. Also the ability to levitate. I don't know how summoning ships and controlling storms will help me, but you never know," he shrugged as he said it.

"It seems like your demon has quite an impressive set of skills,"

'Of course I do!' said Vepar in Tetsuya's mind.

'Ahh!' mentally screamed Kuroko.

'Sorry Suya-chan! I forgot to tell you that I can talk to you inside of your head. No one else can hear me so try not look like your talking to someone that's not there, normal people would think you're crazy,'

'Okay,'

When Kuroko came back to his senses he saw his parents staring at him.
"I guess I'll have to learn how to pay attention to my surroundings and talk with my demon at the same time," he concluded.

"With practice you will," said his father. His father and mother held out their hands for the younger one to hold onto while they went back home. As Tetsuya raised his hands he saw that he had two black wristbands, one on each wrist.

"What are these?" he asked his parents.

"Those are your representation of your weapon. You must never take them off because you never know when a corrupted demon may attack," informed his mother. She always wore her hair clip and his father always wore his two rings, so now he had an item as well.

He was a full fledged demon hunter now.
--------------------------------------------
A/N: I wanted to write a story about badass Kuroko and I wanted it to have demons so . . .

Oh and the demons I used are actual demons from different culture mythologies if you want to look them up.
~Kitty