Entwined In Love's Duet Will Leave You Cursed

Future Elena: I'm pretty sure the closest thing we'll get to time machines is editing software. ;)

Okay people, don't get mad with me about not updating :( I don't like it when people get mad at me -_- but I haven't been updating because (as some of you know) I have started ANOTHER fan fic. It's on TMNT (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles), and I really LOVE TMNT. So, that's why I've been slacking on the updating :/ Also, I have summer reading for school, so that's got me pretty busy too, so, again, I'm sorry :(

So, to help make you accept my apology, here's a VERY long update! :D

~~~~~~~~SQUIGGLY!~~~~~~~~~~

                                "No! Shadow! Wake up!" Christine's voice is soft at first, but as my brain begins to entire the conscious realm once more, her voice is amplified.

     The moment I am finally capable of moving, I immediately fall back to the ground, disoriented. I can't seem to grasp what's real around me, everything feels lucid.

          "Come on!" She yells at me, grabbing my wrist and dragging me up to the roof.

     Raoul is attached at her hip, trying to persuade her that the Phantom is a myth. He believes none of it is real and that it's all been conjured up in her imagination. Christine and I, however, know the truth and she tries to convince him as I'm pulled along.

     Once we made it to the roof, Christine finally let go of my arm and walked around with Raoul, as they continued back and forth with their talk of the Opera Ghost.

          "Raoul, I've seen him! Can I ever forget that sight," are the only words that swim into my ears, before I block everything out because of the bitter cold.

     I wish they'd have thought to bring me a blanket or cloak.

     Within moments, Raoul begins to serenade Christine with a gentle, loving duet. They are each confessing how they feel about each other as I move around a bit to keep from freezing. As I listen to the couple entwined in love's duet, I remember when I was down underground with the Phantom and Christine. I recollected the moment of vulnerability that had overtaken him as she caressed his cheek.

     The Phantom loved Christine with everything that he was. . .and it broke my heart to see that the feelings were obviously not reciprocated. Yet, a kindling flame of jealousy begins to spark at the idea that the Phantom is obsessed with Christine.

          No, Shadow! That's insane! I immediately think to myself. Why would you feel jealous!? He loves her and that should be a good thing! He definitely deserves her! He's so musically talented and brilliant; you should be happy for her!

     Before I can take more time to reflect on my conflicted emotions, I hear a voice.

     His voice.

          "Christine." When he whispers his voice sounds close, and I grow curious as to where he could possibly be hiding.

     As Raoul and Christine continue wooing each other through song, I tip-toe around the roof, eagerly searching for the man clad in mask and cape. My tender heart begins to crack as when I turn and see Raoul passionately kissing Christine. Tears develop in my eyes as I think of how the Phantom will react upon seeing this.

     He'll be crushed.

     My body begins to tremble from the snowy temperature as my sympathy tears make their trek down my cheeks, and I turn my gaze to my feet as I shuffle along the roof.