Chapter 8

"So, how're things going?" I asked, not even looking at him in the eyes, just staring at the window.

"They fine. You ain't have to worry about me," he said as he shut his eyes. 

"Yes I do, Miles." I got up and stood next to him.

But he was already sleep.

"Bye, Miles." I sighed as I flipped up my hood and ran back to the house.

_____________________

"Kiara, you sure this baby mine?" He raised an eyebrow at her.

"I don't know. Most likely." Her mouth corners raised as she talked.

"What you mean most likely?"

"Please, don't be getting up on me about relationships. I basically ot a concussion after you pushed me down the damn stairs!" She shouted.

"Just get the fuck out." He rubbed his face as he left.

I took a silent breath as I walked in the house.

"Where you been?" he asked.

"Are you sure you ain't got eyes on the sides of your head?" I took my hoodie off, just to show my baggy t-shirt.

"When you in this part of the neighborhood, you gotta be careful."

"True," I said.

I looked out the window, to see Kiara sitting on the bench, smoking weed.

"She a damn mess," I muttered.

"What she doin'?" He looked out the window to see Kiara, probably high as fuck.

"That baby gon' be a damn mess."

"I'm finna take a shower." I walked into my bedroom, then turned the shower on, waiting for the hot water.

"I have never used this TV before," I reached for the remote and hit the power button.

It was automatically on the local news.

"There is a young woman of the name Chardonnay Rodriguez, missing. We have pictures right here. Her younger brother, Miles Rodriguez is in the hospital because of an allegedly accidental shooting. Please call this number if you have any information."

I turned the TV off as my eyes widened.

"dARIUS!" I YELLED, RUNNING DOWN THE STAIRS.

"T-they looking for me on the news. You gonna go to jail if they find me here." I started to cry slightly as I had trouble speaking.

"What you mean?" He came out of the kitchen.

I grabbed his arm and turned on the TV.

As he watched, he bit his lip.

"There's only one way that I won't go to jail. You got to pretend to be my girlfriend."

"Why would I do that?" I yelled.

"Why would I want to go to jail?" He snapped.

"Fine," I mumbled.

I called the number on TV.

"Hi, this is Chardonnay Rodriguez."

"Are you alright?" They asked.

"Yes. I'm fine." I replied quickly, sitting down on the couch.

"Who are you with at the moment, Miss Rodriguez?" Now only one person was talking.

"My boyfriend, Darius." I glared at him while he was smirking.

"His full name, please?"

"Darius Bestington."

"Alright. We'll get back to this number as soon as possible. Thank you for your cooperation, Miss Rodriguez."

Then the line went dead.

"Free to go!" I jumped as he picked me up.

"Put me the hell down?" I said through gritted teeth.

"What? They could be lookin' out the windows." He laughed.

"Ugh, you play to damn much," I pulled myself down and slapped him on the chest.

"We still haven't talked about that kiss properly."

"Will you get the fuck over it?" I replied angrily.

"Aye, I got a baby mama now. I wanna be responsible from now on."

Then he burst out laughing.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't keep a straight face," he calmed down and I rolled my eyes in response.

                                       Miles

"I want to go home," I croaked.

"Just because you can talk and walk three feet, doesn't mean you're ready to do everything else out there," the nurse stared at her clipboard.

I rolled my eyes.

"Please." I pleaded.

"You have a couple of weeks, Miles. You can wait." She pushed a table next to me, and set down a tray of breakfast.

"Enjoy," she gave out a fake smile and left.

"Thank you!" I yelled as I took a bite out of my bread.

                                       Chardonnay

Why am I being so damn nice?

Darius needs to go to jail. All of the shit he done did to me. This is probably a front. The affection he's showing towards me. He's evil. My thoughts about him change suddenly. I don't want to regret him being put away.

If he never got someone to pick Miles and I up, Miles would not be laying in that hospital bed.

I sighed.

He walked into the room.

"Hi," I said, cuddling my knees to my chest.

"Are you sure you was raised in the hood?"

"I'm sure," I laughed.

"You do not act like it." He said while shaking his head.

I rolled my eyes.

Then he hopped on top of me.

"What the hell is you doing?" I just laid there.

He mashed his lips into mine.

I mumbled something, but he silenced me as he slipped his tongue into my mouth.

I pushed him off of me, breathing heavily.

"You need to get laid, Chardonnay." He smirked.

"Leave me alone, Darius." I glared at him, laughing.

*****************************

Sorry I haven't been on in a while! Been really busy, so yeah! Read read read!