Chapter 11

(A month later)

                                         Chardonnay

I sighed as I woke up in my empty bed, my eyes fluttering. I could hear the maids piling in, their black shoes clicking.

"Good morning," she smiled. Her Mexican accent was music to my ears.

"Naw," I stood up, putting my unruly hair into a ponytail. She nodded, placing a few blankets on the bed, and me continuing to the bathroom.

I splashed water onto my face, then slid down the stairs, not having the patience for the nearly broken elevator.

Darius stood at the bottom of the stairs, with an irritated look on his face.

"What the fuck is up with you?" I itched my hair, squinting at him.

"Watch your mouth." I raised an eyebrow at him, coming down the stairs.

"You better watch who you talking to, because I know out of the billions of people in this world, you sure ain't talking to me." 

He bit his lip, cornering me. "You should get the hell out of my house. I sure dont' need a mini Kiara up in here." 

I tapped my chin. "How about no?" I turned on my heel to head back up the stairs, but his large arm caught me wrist.

"I said, get the hell out my house."

"Like I said, how about no?" I got into his face.

He rolled his eyes, ready to knock me out. "Get out of my house, now."

I looked at him. I knew that I was being a bit stubborn, but asking me to get out of his house? Oh hell naw. I basically lived here. It was the safest place for me.

"No. Where I'm going to stay then if I leave your house?" I wasn't scared of him like I used to be, and I sure wasn't going to show that. 

"Anywhere but here." He didn't seem hard or tough. The whole time since he had kidnapped me, I saw the real Darius. Not a thug.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled quietly, looking down. He now seemed like your usual guy. Someone you could talk to without being afraid or hurt. 

"Just get out my face." He rubbed his own face, looking away from me. I didn't know what I had done to get him this mad.

Maybe I didn't have him all figured out.

                                   Kiara

I stood outside of Darius' mansion, leaning against the door as I talked on the phone with Job.

"Look, I ain't really pregnant. I just need some damn money. Darius been too stubborn to give me some on a daily basis, so if you go with this, it'll be half and half, and-"

I turned around to see a wide-eyed Chardonnay.

"Now you look here, lil bitch. Say one thing, and you dead. Real talk." I glared at her.

"You really think you can kill me? Hoe you can barely stomp on a damn ant without breaking your foot. Now you look here, lil bitch. Do not step foot on this property again, do not call Darius again, and I dare you to even ask Darius for some money. Watch what will happen." She slammed the door, walking back into the house.

I rolled my eyes, pursing my lips as I clutched my bag and walked off the porch. 

Job's car was pulling into the driveway. I quickly ran into the passenger seat.