Chapter 7 Part 1

"If you ever leave this house again, watch what I'll do to you," Darius loosened his grip on my wrist and stopped breathing heavily.

"Leave me the hell alone!" I pushed past him and plopped on to my bed.

I didn't know what was going on.

First, he rapes me, then he beats me up, then he threatens me, and I still like him?
Why do I even like him? I guess he's just very attractive to me. Five eyars ago I imagined myself with a wealthy business man but.. wow.

I shook my head quickly.

I shut the door and locked it, then continued thinking.

But before I could, I heard banging on the door.

"Open up!" He bellowed.

I quickly unlocked the door, then crossed my arms.

"I'm sorry. I get angry at times," he apologized. Something unfamiliar.

"At times? You always angry!" I shouted.

"Be grateful." He held out his hand, as he walked on to his room.

"Wait." I said quietly.

"What now?" He turned back around.

"It's okay." I breathed.

"That's fine, then." He continued on his way as I did mine.

I felt like I was like my mother was when she was with my father.

She loved him, but the way he touched her, beat her, abused her.. she couldn't take.

She couldn't leave. Because of the things that were involved in the relationship. Me. Miles. Love.

My mama loved everybody. She ain't deserved what my daddy did to her.

I know she not dead.

But she ran away. Far away is all I know.

We didn't even get to say goodbye.

Because of my dumbass daddy. And I regret a lot of things I said to her. But I'ma always love here.

Because... that's my mama right there.

I exhaled.

I grabbed my backpack and tiptoed out the door, down the stairs, and out the main door.

Darius couldn't know I was leaving.

I locked the door, then ran.

I had to get to the hospital.

-----------

"Is he okay?" I stared at my nana.

"He's in a coma." She sighed.

"W-what happened?" I looked from him to her.

"Someone shot him in his chest. Right next to his heart. It's going to take a lot of time to recover." Nana explained.

"If he live," my grandfather smacked his lips.

"Russell, shut your mouth." My nana looked at him.

"Don't you tell me what to do. What they call your kind in your language? Pandas? Putas! You a damn puta." He raised his mouth corners.

Then she started screaming in Spanish.

"Y'all, stop! Miles is about to live or die, and y'all over here fighting! Quit!" I stared at them then walked outside to catch some breath.