Chapter 9

Normani's POV

Throughout the entire performance in Missouri, I couldn't stop thinking about Ally. We were still best friends? Or did the kiss change our status completely? The second we were done with the meet and greet, Ally came up to me.

"Mani, can we talk?" She asked, pulling me to a private corner.

"Here? Now?" I say, slightly perplexed as to why we weren't going to wait until there were less people around.

She nods. "I don't think I could wait any longer to find out what's really going on between us." 

I stared into her eyes and realized how serious she was.  I moved my gaze from her's to the floor between us. I had no idea what to say to Ally.

She grabbed my hand and used two fingers to tilt my head back up. "Don't worry; I'll start." A weak smile appeared on her face as she starts to talk. "I love you, Normani. I always have and I always will. Your one of the best friends I've ever had, and I never want to lose you." I felt tears of joy start to gather in my eyes, and I could see that Ally was experiencing the same thing. "I broke up with Troy because of you. I realized that I had a lot more feelings for you than I did for him." She moved her hand from my chin to slowly carress my cheek as the tears startes to fall. "And I don't really know what we are now, but I never want it to end." 

 I let out a small laugh a I used my free hand to wipe my tears. "I love you more, Allycat."

"ManiBear..." She said, starting to giggle as well. She hastily glanced around the room and leaned forward. Butterflies  erupted in my stomach as our lips reunited. Even though it lasted for only a second, it was as satisfying as it was the first time. As soon as we pulled apart, she wrapped her small arms around my neck and I pulled my best friend in for a hug. Our tears practically soaked each other's necks. 

Ally's POV

"Come on, girls! It's time to head out to the bus!" Dinah called from the other side of the room. 

 Mani and I giggled slightly as we took turns wiping the tears off of each other's faces and fixing our make up. 

She grabbed my hand and practically dragged me into the parking lot and onto the bus. 

2 Hours Later

Still Ally's POV

I was curled up on the couch next to Mani when I realized how bored we all looked. "Mani?" I said, setting my phone down in my lap. She didn't answer me, so I nudged her with my elbow. "Mani?!"

"Aww man! I lost! Thanks a lot, Ally." She tossed her phone on the floor in frustration. 

I sank back into the cushion and looked up to see her eyes change from a slighty evil darker color to a light shade of regret. "I'm sorry, baby." She says in a whisper pulling me close to her. Mani raised her voice to her normal pitch and anger began to cloud her irises. "I just can't beat Lauren in Fun Run!"

"And you never will," Lo says, waving her phone in the air victoriously. 

"I'm bored!" Camila stressed as she appeared from the bunk area. She threw herself on the floor in a huff. 

"That's what I was thinking!" I respond. "Isn't there anything we can do besides sleep and eat on this bus?!" I stood up from the couch and started to pace.

Suddenly, Normani's phone started to ring, and since it was still laying on the floor, and I knew she was too lazy to walk over and get it, I picked it up and answered it. It was her mom on the other end telling us that we were about to stop at a hotel that had an indoor pool! 

I squealed, hung up, and tossed the phone back to Mani. "Grab your suits, girls! Fifth Harmony's going swimming!"

Everyone shot up from their positions and nearly trampled each other on their race to the suitcases. I laughed and started to follow them when I felt a soft hand wrap around my wrist. "Maybe this can be our first date?" Mani whispered in my ear.

I bit my lip as a smile started to form on my face. "Maybe..."

A/N: Kind of a filler chapter but hopefully it'll get exciting soon haha. Comment, vote and read haha byeee  :-)