Chapter 23

Normani's POV (In New York)

I lay with Ally in her bunk, gently stroking her hair as she slept with her head on my chest and her arms tightly wrapped around me. I kept feeling like somehow all of this was my fault. But I wasn't the one who broke up with Arin; he broke up with me, and I couldn't have done anything about at it.

I squeezed Ally tighter, wishing that I could've saved her before he went as far as he did, or at least take away the memories. I moved her hair so I could see the fading bruise on the right side of her neck. Running my fingers on the mark, my heart broke when she buried her head further into me and whimpered slightly.

Three performances already that day had all five of us on vocal rest, and I was dying to let Ally know that I loved her...that everything would be okay. But, we were so close that we rarely needed words to communicate.

I was forced out of my thoughts when I felt fingers running along my stomach under my shirt. Ally was awake. She pulled herself up so that her head was right next to mine. We gazed at each other for a second before I could taste her soft lips on mine.

Ally cupped my face and brushed our noses together, dragging hers across my jaw line to kiss my neck. I tilted her head back up to look her in the eyes. "I love you, Allycat." I mouthed.

"I love you more, ManiBear."

"Liar," I scrunched up my nose and pressed our foreheads together.

She looked offended as she crossed her arms over her chest. "I would never lie to you!"

"I know, baby!" I tell her, moving her hair out of her face. "I was just messing with you....but I really do love you more."

She rolled her eyes and I pulled her close, turning my head so that my mouth was right next to her bruise. I hesitated before my lips touched it lightly. She tensed up as I continued, gently pressing on it with tongue. "Mani..." I immediately raised my head to place my finger on her lips, silently shushing her.

"Just breathe." I told her. "I know what I'm doing."

Ally nodded and shut her eyes when my mouth went back to her neck. I paused when I tasted salt and sighed. "Baby, I..." She slapped me on the arm and put her hand over my mouth.

"Keep going," I was about to protest when I saw the tears in her eyes. She gave me a weak smile and nodded.

As lowered my head again and started to massage the area around the wound with my lips, I could've sworn that I heard her moan. It was working: she was forgetting that Arin made the mark and just focusing on me. I smiled against my girlfriend's neck when I felt her pulse quicken.

I kissed my favorite spot under her ear before raising my head to connect our lips.

"Thank you." Ally said.

"Anything for you, Allycat." I answered.

"Anything?" I nodded. "Would you jump off of a bridge?"

"Only if you caught me, otherwise I wouldn't because I can't live without you."

"Awww, ManiBear!"

Ally's POV

"Alright, girls' you've been on vocal rest for three hours...do you think that's enough time?" Normani's mom asked from the middle of the bunk area.

Man gave me a confused look. "Doesn't she know that we can't answer her until she says vocal rest is over?!"

"On three, you may talk again. One...two...THREE!!!"

"YESSSS!!!" Camila shouted, falling out of her bunk and running around the bus.

"Chancho shut up! You're so loud!" Dinah said tiredly, following her friend to the kitchen.

"DEAL WITH IT CHEECHEE!!!"

Mama Drea knocked softly on the wood by my bunk. "Normani, Ally, can we talk?"

Mani automatically buried her head in my neck. "Crap..."

A/N: Alrighty here's your chapter for the day...remember what I said about the commenting thing :-).....And ummmm I'm not really sure what to say (which seems to happen a lot) but yeah four chapters left....uhhh keep commenting and voting and reading and yeah haha byeeeeee :-) :-P ;-) O:-)

P.S.- In the video on the right at 1:05 Lauren and Ally say "expect the unexpected"!!! I just saw it yesterday plus Ally looks gorgeous in this video.