Chapter 1

Dear Hayden,

I saw you today. Just across the hallway, you were standing there with your backpack on, chatting with your friends. I watched you for a bit. I studied the way that you moved your hands as you talked. I loved it. I marvelled at the way your eyes lit up as you spoke and,  while doing so, your excitement grew. I couldn't stop. I observed the way that your jaw lifted and moved; it clenched with every word that you spoke. I couldn't hear you. I had no idea what you were saying, for you were too far away, but I knew that your voice was as smooth as honey and that each one of your words flowed right into the next, forming the most mellifluous sentences.

I looked down. I couldn't bare to watch you any longer. I torture myself by doing so. Everytime I look at you, it is like I am stabbing myself, hurting myself, for I know that you could never like me. You are cool. Despite every effort that I make, I can never be cool like you. You have friends. They surround you, eating up every word that you said say. Girls are constantly flittering around you. They giggle real loud and twirl their hair. They prance and trot and beg for your attention. They are quite pretty. They all have long legs and bright eyes. I always wonder why you don't go out with one of them. You probably get together with many of them at parties. That's what your friends do, at least.

Hayden, you are handsome. You must know that. Your golden brown locks flow down your head. Your eyes are brown. They aren't the boring, medium type of brown. They are almost black. Your eyes are a deep, rich color that can peer into anyone's soul. Your smile is glorious. When you pull back those marvelous lips of yours, I sometimes have to shield my eyes, for your smile is so bright. It lights up whatever room you are in, regardless of who is there. I often blush just thinking about you.

I felt a presence around me. I got this nagging feeling that someone was staring at me. I saw a quick movement, but when I glanced around, I saw no one looking at me. Someone must have seen me watching you. I lowered my head and walked away. I can't be caught this way. It wouldn't be good. We cannot be. You belong with someone good for you. I am not. You should be with someone pretty and smart and athletic. You deserve so much more than me. 

Hayden, I saw you later in the day, as well. You were there. Standing across the parking lot, laughing with your friends. I got in my car. I sat there and watched as you held your stomach. I watched the laughter burst out of you as you guffawed really loudly. I smiled sadly. It's a shame that you'll never like me. I started the engine and drove off. 

Hayden, I don't think that I can send this to you. I don't think that I am ready for you to know how I feel. I mean, I'll just get hurt. You must understand. Maybe someday I'll tell you. There is just no point now. 

Love, 

Laura 

------------------

Chapter One is here! This is so exciting. This is my first time doing the 30 day writing challenge, so please read this and help support me. I love all you guys, both my followers and my readers. 

Thanks for being so awesome! I hope that you guys like this story. 

Share your thoughts with me! Do you like it? What do you like about it? 

Comment, Vote and Share!

Thanks, 

-NerdilyNerdy