epilogue

Katherine's pov

9 years since me and Nate got married

I am now 30 years old married to Nate Maloley. we have 1 kid and her name is Emily. she is the most beautiful thing in this world. I am so utterly happy with Nate it's amazing. I love him with all my heart.

-

Sammy and his wife Natalie are visiting me and Nate today. Natalie is super pretty and Sam seems really happy. I'm glad he found his girl.

me, Sammy, Nate and Natalie are sitting on the couch talking when Jack and his wife Madison walk in. I am so happy to see Jack. I haven't seen him in so long.

me and Nate moved from Omaha Nebraska to LA. Sammy and Jack of course came with us and that's when Jack met Madison and Sammy met Natalie. I'm glad Jack dumped his old girl, she was no good for him.

-

35 years later

Nate's pov

it's been 4 years since Katherine passed away because of cancer. she was only 61.

Im on my way to visit Katherine's grave. my daughter Emily is driving me since I'm too old apparently. the doctors say I'm dying but I don't care. that's what happens. you live and you die. the sooner I die the sooner i get to be with Katherine.

we arrive at her grave and I set down the flowers I brought.

"I miss you my dear Katherine. I love you always."

I spend time talking with Emily about all the memories me and her mother shared.

we eventually head home at 9pm. I get home and Emily gets me into bed.

i fall asleep thinking of Katherine.

Emily's pov.

I get to my dads house to wake him up. when I get there I try to wake him up but he won't.

"dad. dad please wake up" I cry.

my husband Jeremy puts his hand on my shoulder,

"honey he's gone"

I can't believe it. my dad and mom are gone.
but one thing I know is that at least he'll be with my mom.