Part 3

Layla: (Mom and Layla at the same time) I have good news!

Layla: Okay, you go first!

Mom: Well, I just got off the phone with the insurance company, and they have agreed to pay half of the cost for the new chemo. Now, all we need to do is figure out how to pay for the other half of it.

Layla: Oh my goodness, Mom that's great!

Mom: So honey what were you going to say?

Layla: Maybe I can use my college money...

Mom: Hun I can't let you do that. You worked really hard to earn your spot at Yale. I can't let you give us the money and you not Fulfill your dream of going to Yale.

Layla: But, Mom! It will save Stephanie's life, and we are in no position to leave family behind.

Mom: We are not using your money! That is final end of discussion.

Dr. Simpson: I'm very sorry to interrupt, but I may have a solution. Stephanie has already had some of her chemo done so she may not need all five rounds of the new chemo which means it won't cost as much because we will only charge you for how many rounds she has.

Mom: Okay that's good, but what if she needs all five rounds?

Dr. Simpson: Well if she needs all five rounds we will worry about it when we get there, but standing here talking isn't doing your daughter any good.

Layla: Mom, if she needs more rounds than the insurance is paying for we are going to use has much college money as we need to even if we need to use all of it. And I won't be changing my mind!

Mom: Okay honey are you sure this is what you want to do?

Layla: If it means my sister will live then yes, that's what I'm going to do.

Dr.Simpson: Well okay since this is all settled lets go back to Stephanie's room and tell her the good news.

Layla, her mom & Dr. Simpson go back to Stephanie's room

Mom: Hi sweetie we have good news.

Stephanie: (Sits up in her bed) What is it?

Layla: You get to get a new kind of chemo which will help you feel better.

Dr.Simpson: We are going to get you started now. Mrs. Ramirez and Layla, you may go home now; it's getting pretty late

Mom: Thank you so much Doctor.

Dr.Simpson: It's my pleasure

Layla: (to Stephanie) I love you sis. I'll see you soon.

Mom: Night Steph love you.

Stephanie: I love you all very much, goodnight.