Episode 2 - Behind the Scenes

Pearl's P.O.V

Geez. I am so glad that I am safe. I mean, I wanna win the whole thing, but right now safe is winning for me. I thought that I did kinda bad on the performance though. I guess that Fame did worse because her "hips don't move how a woman's hips should move." To be honest, I think her hips are great.

I don't know what came over me but I decided to say something to Violet while we were on the runway. I gave her a quiet ," You look really good!". I hope she heard me....

She responds hesitantly, " You look good, too." The way she said that didn't make me feel so sure about if she actually felt that way. I am probably getting to out of my head when I think that Violet might like me....it is only the second week of the show! But you never know, right?

*a half hour later*

Plop! I land on my hotel bed still with my lipstick still on. Even walking over to the bathroom kills my feet with one step. I grab my makeup wipes and start taking off my leftover makeup. As I remove the residue from my face, I think about Violet. I wanted to talk. Like a real conversation with him. He seems like a genuinely nice person deep down. 'Should I go talk to him?' I keep thinking.

I soon find myself right outside Violet's hotel door. 'What am I thinking?' Knock! Knock!

My hand is shaking with nervousness. I hope that he heard my knock. A couple seconds later, I hear footsteps getting louder and louder. The door handle starts to turn and my heart beats faster. I see his face and he looks kind of surprised.

"Oh, hi!" he says in a tired tone.

"Hi. I was ..um .. wondering if you wanted to talk. I mean, if you want to."

"Yeah! Sure! Oh! You can come in..." Violet replies.

He opens the door wider so I can fit through the door way. As soon as I step into the room it smells of sweat and perfume. 'An odd mixture..' I think. Violet motions me to sit in one of the floral patterned chairs in the room. We both sit down and take a breath.

"So... what did you want to talk about?" Violet asks me.

"Oh, just stuff I guess....well there is just one thing....." I say nervously.

I wanted to ask her if she liked me....or if she liked my drag, but I didn't know if I was ready to ask her a more personal question yet. I went shakingly ,"Will you... I mean do you.... oh my gosh, what I am trying to say is-" but he cut me off.

"Yes. I do. I do like you and I also know that you like me." Violet said calmly with a little bit of a smirk . I don't understand. Why and how would he know what I was gonna say?
Violet started to correct himself and added," Well, what I mean is that I am not surprised you like me. I am very visually appealing."